Thursday, March 12, 2009

Going once, going twice...

SOLD to the lady in the second row, she's an eight, she's a nine, she's a ten I know. She's got ruby red lips, blonde hair, blue eyes, I'm about to bid my heart goodbyyyyyyeeeeee....and mute the country music. Great song though.

Every two years, Lynden Christian puts on an auction to raise money for the school, and this year is the year! People donate labor, trips, timeshares, LYNCS sweatshirts; basically if it exists, it's there. The biggest money makers, however, are the items created by the students. Quilts, serving platters, gardening benches, etc. The second grade teachers all got together and decided to make ONE cookbook representing the entire grade as opposed to three separate class creations. Cha. Ching. Thanks to great kid-favorite recipes, a great camera, and Shutterfly, we've created the Holy Grail of auction items.






Let's start the bidding at $10,000.

5 comments:

  1. That is the best idea. Ever. Cha-ching. What a cute cookbook (I love the name!), and the basket looks great, too! I'm sure it will bring in lots of money at the auction.
    You could have convinced the second graders to do a basket of Miss Kooistra's favorite things, and included some buckskin and spiced meat (in an Igloo cooler, of course). Oh, and some pirate paraphernalia. Ahoy!
    Good times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure who wants this more, Me or AJ.?.
    Nicely done. I will be excited when it gets bid on. I will definately bid on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea. I'll bet they could sell more than one. Your whole presentation is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! that is so cute-good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blog...and all that's within it! I'll have to check back often for the fun updates...and to see when casting call is for The nect Bachelor...I host the best parties for watching it...so let us know when your big debue is and I'll be sure to invite the town!! :)

    ReplyDelete