Saturday, May 2, 2009

"Those People"

"Those people"

We all know them. Maybe you are one of them. You know, the people who pull out in front of you and then drive 10 mph below the speed limit. Or the person/people standing in front of you at a ball game getting situated or talking to someone 5 rows back, failing to realize that people behind him/her are trying to watch the game.

Last night, much to our chagrin, my friend Leslie and I became "those people." We went to the mall and parked outside of Kohls. We made our way through the mall, stopping at numerous stores along the way, purchasing different "must-haves" the both of us had. Eventually, we ended up at Target. Now, I can NOT go into Target and stick to the list. I always find something else that I absolutely MUST buy. One cart later, we found ourselves at the checkout. It was after checkout, that we came face to face with our problem. We have bags. Quite a few bags. And, Miss Ghetto Barbie just HAD to buy the 24-roll Cottonelle toilet paper. In my defense, it was on sale, AND it was extra soft with extra squares added to each roll at no cost! I would be losing money had I not bought it. But I digress.

So, there we were. Forced to decide whether to drag our purchases through the mall, or just throw everything in the cart and become "those people."

It was not an easy decision, my friends. No one enjoys the looks of disdain from other shopaholics as the "click-click-click-click-click-click" from the cart on the tile draws unwanted attention. And, say we take a detour into PacSun to look at flipflops. The bright orange Target cart does not blend into ANYTHING in that store.

Finally, we arrive back to Kohls where I just have to take a picture for the blog.

So, next time you find yourself asking the pressing question, "Do I want to be one of 'those people'?" Know that we've all been there. We've all asked the question, followed through, and survived. Plus, it makes for a great post.

Our final destination.


Time to dump the cart. Of course, I planted it somewhere so I could get a good picture. My deepest apologies to "Carl" the Target cart-rounder-upper. Good luck and God-speed, Carl.

5 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! seriously, i'm reliving it as i read it!! i will never forget the look on the faces of the dudes in pacsun and the other store we stopped in. especially when you discovered the hot pink shoelaces. good times my friend, good times.
    leslie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing my head off. I can't believe you did that! Love the shot of the Target basket with Kohl's in the back ground. Is his name really Carl? You should have left a tip.
    Giggling.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the record, I think the Target cards are red, not "bright orange". Too funny... wish I could have been there. Where was I, anyway? Probably still at work doing damage control after two "friends" stopped by to wreak havoc on the optical shop. Wonder who those people could be... probably the same type of person who buys 650 pieces of paper at Joann Fabrics. Can't take you anywhere, Kooistra. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe that you are one of THOSE people...or can I? :D Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is SO something i would do!!!
    of course only after 6 glasses of wine.
    you're a dork.
    love you for it!

    ReplyDelete