Wednesday, February 3, 2010

T-minus 11 days....

...until Single-Awareness Day.

Ugh.

Of all the Hallmark holidays, Single-Awareness Day is the worst. Everywhere you go, it's shoved in your face; "LOOK OVER HERE, SINGLE GIRL!!!" Every end cap in Target has a pink and red display. There was a really cute bedazzled popcorn bowl that as I used as a barf bowl as I perused through the card aisle. And I'm not even sorry.

I looked everywhere for the end cap covered in black veils and black roses, but had no luck.

Single-Awareness Day has gotten easier through the years. As a teacher, I am spoiled on said day. Candy, cards, and sometimes, flowers. Either they really love me, or they really feel sorry for me. Hmmmmm....

Speaking of flowers, look what I got today!



Aren't they GORG-EOUS! My first assumption was that a beautiful male model with chiseled abs equivalent to Greek God Zeus had them delivered anonymously. But then I realized that was just crazy. Channing Tatum is already married. Drat! Turns out, one of my cherubs brought them for me today. SWEET. HEART. She's getting an S+ on EVERYTHING that we do for the rest of the year. She has also become the front runner for the coveted award "Student I Love the Most". Kidding. But she's way up there.

Signing off...

No comments:

Post a Comment