Translation: There are only 78 days left until school starts.
Therefore, there was no time to waste.
Nanny Malorie and Nanny Em loaded up the summer cherubs and hit the road.
If there's one thing I've learned in life, it's not what you know, but WHO you know. And if you know someone who has a house at the bay, you've got it made. Made in the shade, my friends. Well, actually you're not in the shade at all, so it's more like 'made in the sun.' But I digress...
Now I don't speak the language of the tides, so I'm just going to say the tide was WAY out there. We walked. And we walked. And we walked. And finally, we hit the water.
We're actually closer to Canada than the U.S. in this picture. At least that's what it felt like. The 14 border patrol helicopters flying in circles above us didn't help either. Kidding.
Walking back to the house. And low and behold, look what the kiddos spotted; our national bird. Just waiting for them. I think it was the bag of cheetos I was carrying. Or it could have been my youngest summer cherub. He was looking mighty cute in his new swimming trunks and bright yellow t-shirt.
My Curly Q sportin' his new sunglasses. What a stud.
What a cute sea monster. You ever see the show, Swamp Thing? That's what it reminded me of. Shudder. Me no likey seaweed.
And then there were the girls; digging for clams. Not only were we halfway to Canada, after digging, the girls were halfway to China as well. As a teacher, I appreciated the multicultural experience the bay offered the summer cherubs.
Not a bad day. Not a bad day at all.
Welcome, Summer Vacation. I love you. Please stay awhile. And by awhile, I mean 77 more days.
Turning from the blogs I have come here. I'll leave a greeting
ReplyDeleteEle
http://templateelenagrafica.blogspot.com/
Love the new look!
ReplyDeleteGlad you are already enjoying summer...even if we don't have the weather consistently.
Can I still come for coffee on the porch?
I like to new set up!
ReplyDelete