Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: First Day Edition

One day down.

179 to go.

With the first day of school comes the realization of three simple things:

The Good:


Flowers from Mom and Dad. My mommy has created a monster. She sent me flowers on the first day of my first year. Now it's expected every year. And she won't disappoint. That's the kind of mommy she is.


The Bad:

Curse those new shoes. And it wasn't even the first time wearing them. Reason #38 for endorsing the wearing of flip-flops. Yesterday, it was Scooby Doo to the rescue. You know you're an elementary teacher when you're sportin' animated band-aides.


The Ugly:

Early mornings. Help me, Rhonda. Consider this my official public announcement. I am not a morning person. Never have been. Never will be. 6:30 comes much too early for me. And at that hour, I am a striking resemblence to this:

My mother is nodding her head in total agreement right now. She's remembering all those early mornings in high school when a certain "beloved" wouldn't get up with her alarm in order to make it to school on time for morning swing choir practice. Poor thing. My mom. Not a certain "beloved". She had to dress herself in full body armor before poking her head in and quietly whispering, "Beloved, you gotta get up. You're going to be late. Again." Thus began the downward spiral of Ghetto Barbie being 10 minutes late for everything.

Mommy, I will look forward to your wake up call tomorrow morning at 6:45 and again at 7:00. Love you bunches.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go change out Scooby Doo for some Curious George.

1 comment:

  1. You make me laugh. :) I too, am not a morning person. But I think those flowers would make me smile too.

    Good luck with all the kiddos this year! Thanks for being a teacher.

    ReplyDelete