Sunday, October 31, 2010

I couldn't stay away.

I just had to go back.

And this time without 20 little cherubs invading my personal bubble.

So I took Flamingo Girl. You all remember Flamingo Girl from this summer:


She's two now, so we didn't need to worry about her trepidation towards sand. There's been growth there, my friends.

Here's a quick look at our day:

1. First things first. Mini-donuts. We needed to be on a much-needed sugar high in order to go about the rest of our morning.


2. How tall is Flamingo Girl? Again, I'm glad it measures height and not width. "Kill me now, party of one."


3. Ride the horse in the new "3 years and under" attraction. I didn't see any bouncers, so I'm not sure how strict they are. Auntie Leslie rode one for a solid 7 minutes and wasn't told to leave. We teachers are such rebels.


4. Take a picture of the lil' "First place at the county fair" cow. This is perhaps my favorite picture from the day. Flamingo Girl was NOT wild about posing for pictures. This is her attempt at a "Cheese" face for me.


5. Pause for a moment to appreciate the Biblical references offered at the Ridge that is Stoney. This reminded me of an altar. And the goat? Let's just say he better hope he's not unclean.


6. Take Flamingo Girl through the box maze. We were not about to attempt the corn maze. Mostly because I would never find my way out. Then there would be two crying babies in the corn maze.


7. Hop on a wagon and enjoy the bumpy ride to the pumpkin patch. Lucky I took my Dramamine first.


8.Begin the great search for the best pumpkin in the patch. Have Flamingo Girl sit on the pumpkin.


Snap a cute picture for mommy's frame.


9. Walk Flamingo Girl to the mini-pumpkins that are more in Foffy's price range.


10. Have a conversation with a scarecrow. They're really good listeners. Never any back talk.


11. Take a picture with Auntie Leslie while hugging Mr. Scarecrow.


12. Thank God for the awesomeness that is Stoney Ridge Farm. She could also be asking God to please rescue her from the prison that is Foffy's love of picture taking. I'm not really sure.


13. Check out the "flies" in the beehive.


Goodbye, Stoney Ridge Farm! Thanks for another great October!


Now that that's over, I need to start my Christmas list.

Only 55 days to go!

1 comment: