Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I am thankful for blog idea robbery

So my blogger gal-pal, Miss Julie, is pretty much the cat's meow. Seriously. She inspires me to do so many things that I'll never do. But it's still nice to feel inspired. The woman is always up to something. And by "something" I mean an incredibly assembled make-you-want-to-puke-because-it's-so-cute mini-themed scrapbook. I'm not kidding. Read through her archives. She's amazing. And when she's not scrapbooking, she's busy sending her porcelain marlin named Harlan around the world with numerous jet-setters.

So anyway, enough about the awesomeness that is Miss Julie, on to the point of this post. And that is, things I am thankful for. Everyday, I will be given a prompt by Miss "She who shall not be named", though I will not be scrapbooking this prompt. I will be blogging said prompt with a picture of the prompted theme. Are you pickin' up what I'm throwin' down, people? Try to stay with me. It all makes sense in my head.

I'm already a day behind, so I gotta get rollin' here.

Here's yesterday's prompt:

I'm thankful for (something I see everyday).

Oh, Lordy. That could be so many things. Where do I begin? Do I be practical or silly? What if the thing I choose isn't something that I technically "see" everyday? Sheesh. This is going to be hard. Get yourself together, girl!

OK, I got it.

I am thankful for my cell phone.

I know, I know. So lame. I don't have a landline, so my cell phone is my LIFE LINE to the outside world. I never leave home without it. Except when I fly to Iowa and leave it laying on my nightstand because it was 4:00 in the morning and I was still comatose and walked out the door and....you get the idea. It wasn't pretty. But if "She who shall not be named" has a prompt titled "I am thankful for (insert a specific mail carrier service here)" I will have a GREAT post. Thank you, UPS next day air. A tip of the hat to you men in brown.

Mooooooooooooooooving right along to today's prompt...

I am thankful for...a favorite memory.

Geez, Louise. I just got myself pulled together from the stress of the last prompt! How many days are there in November? This could get old really fast.

OK, so this isn't as hard as I led you all to believe. I don't mean to sound so melodramatic, but it's who I am. "And the Oscar for most dramatic performance while attempting to write a blog post goes to...."

I am thankful for the gathering of family and good friends at my grandpa's funeral a few years ago.

Such a sad time, yet, a wonderful time spent with family. It was the last time we were all together in one place. We laughed. We cried. We ate. We laughed some more. A wonderful week filled with so many good memories.


The four sons smokin' Grandpa's cigars after the funeral. I love this picture for so many reasons.

Want to play? You know you do! Give it a try. I dare you.

Check Miss Julie's blog everyday for your daily prompt. Then get thinkin'!

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. What about when you dropped your phone in my hot tub... oh the angst!

    ReplyDelete