Today's thankful prompt: "I am thankful for...something that wasn't around 5 years ago."
How does one take a picture of 20 extra pounds. Huh? Although, that is the OPPOSITE of what I am trying to do here...gratitude and all.
Anyway...moving on. I've had a lot of changes in the past 5 years. New job, new friends, new church, new sense of independence.
Today, I am thankful to have my own place.

And with a new place, come other "news".

I will spare you the picture of my kitchen. I don't have 8.5 hours to label everything.
I love having my own place. My own stuff. I don't mind sharing, but honestly; what would I do if I had a roommate that wanted to hang a 24x40 canvas of the Mona Lisa above the couch. Or a poster of Edward Cullen in the bathroom? Or even worse, didn't understand the importance of taking one's shoes off BEFORE walking on the carpet. Can you even imagine. I try not to.
In other news, tomorrow is the last day of school before Thanksgiving break. Then it's turkey time! After I've gorged myself on turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and green bean casserole, the girlies and I hit the ads. We make our lists, check them twice, and then head to bed early in preparation for the big day of shopping ahead of us. Yes, I'm a Black Friday shopper. My name is Emily and I love a good deal. And this year, I only have ONE thing on my list. And it's a whopper of a door buster. I'm not even going to post what it is I'm after, because someone will SWOOP in at the eleventh hour and get the last one. All because they wanted to see just how much wrath Ghetto Barbie has. I'm not fallin' for it, people! You will just have to wait until post-ungodly hour of the morning to see if I scored "that which shall not be named."
Until then, you just have to wait. Consider it a lesson in patience. You're welcome.
...how mad would you be if i posted what you're hoping to score in a comment??...
ReplyDeletehmmm...i can't decide if my own glee and happiness is worth angering the beast...
Perhaps you should be slightly more careful about posting pictures of other folk's Christmas presents. You're such a Christmas ruiner!!! All for the sake of your blog (fabulous as it is!)
ReplyDeleteMama Rosie :)
Actually, I didn't really pay that much attention to the actual items, so don't fret.
Yes, Mama Roosma, I learned my lesson last year. Note to self: Do NOT take a picture of the mother load of Black Friday gifts in the back of the Tahoe and then blog about it for the whole world (mostly your family) to see. :-)
ReplyDeleteif you were dead from the falling tree branch, you wouldn't really care if your whole complex burned up now, would you?
ReplyDeletejust stating the odvious.