Thursday, November 11, 2010

I am thankful for veterans

1. Happy Veteran's Day! To all of the men and women who are currently serving, have served, or hope to serve some day, thank you. May God bless you richly for your service to your country.

Here are two of my favorite veterans:

Grandpa Jeltema on the left with his father before leaving for the war.


And Grandpa Kooistra as a strappin' young man before leaving for his service in WWII.

My grandpa Kooistra was always so proud of his years of service. I miss him dearly.

2. Round 2 of Parent-Teacher Conferences tonight. Only five tonight. I'll be home and in my jammies by 8:00. With a glass of wine.

3. Tomorrow is "All about Emily" Day. I plan to sleep til noon, lay on the couch for an hour, take a shower, lay on the couch some more, and then get ready for a dinner out with the girls. I hope I don't overexert myself.

4. Saturday morning is my big test day at Fairhaven Middle School. At least I think that's where I'm supposed to go. Hmmmm....note to self: Check where I'm supposed to be Saturday morning. It's my first installment of tests on the road to getting my Washington teaching license. Speaking of a glass of wine....kidding. That would be naughty. And would probably break about 7 rules of test day.

Happy Veteran's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment