Yesterday's thankful prompt was, "I am thankful for...(something I take for granted)."
I thought long and hard about the different things that I take for granted. And there are a lot! My family, my friends, my job, working appliances, the list goes on and on. However, I'm able to have all of those things because of the sacrifice that our veteran's made all those years ago.
I am thankful for my freedom!
I know it's such a cliche, but it's true. So again, thank you men and women of the armed forces. It seems that every time I fly back to Iowa, I see at least one soldier in the airport. And every time I wonder, "What's his story?" Is he headed home? Or back to base? How long was he home on leave? I bet his mother didn't leave his side the entire time he was home. How long has he been in the service? Sometimes, if they're on the same flight as me, I get the opportunity to ask them. Other times, it's merely a thought as we pass by each other on the way to our gates. Hmmm....Today's thankful prompt is "I am thankful for...(something that relieves stress)."
Well, what the world! I already blogged about the Aqueous and my need for a massage every 6 weeks! Now what am I supposed to do?!
No worries. There is more than one way to alleviate stress. And today, especially today, I am thankful for another one of those ways.
I am thankful for NO SCHOOL days!
Now don't even start with the whole "You have the whole summer off..." crap. After two days of conferences with parents, we are rewarded for our big-kid behavior by getting Friday off to "decompress" after 20+ meetings. And it's glorious. Today I:
1. Slept in
2. Watched last night's episode of The Mentalist (highly recommended!)
3. Began last night's episode of CSI
4. Hung some vinyl with my friend, Melinda. Call us sometime. We're THE best. And we have references.
5. Checked out the pre-Christmas sale at Grandiflora.
6. Coveted everything at Grandiflora. Including the incredible smell.
7. Packed for my next job as Nanny Em.
And now I'm quickly updating my blog before heading out to dinner with the girls. Should be fun. Until I have to go to bed early in order to prepare for my big standardized test tomorrow. Sheesh. It's like the ACT all over again. I have the nervous sweats already. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go and sharpen 35 #2 pencils. I hope that's enough. Gulp.
No comments:
Post a Comment