Sunday, November 21, 2010

Self-Control vs. Nativity Scene Arrangement

Hokey fright. It is cold outside. I needed to haul out the heavy winter coat this weekend. And here I thought I could keep the tags on until my Christmas trip to Iowa. Wrong! We haven't had any more snow since the light dusting on Thursday night. Supposedly, the "people in the know" say it will or could or maybe won't snow again on Tuesday. We'll see. All I know is, it feels like Christmas. And I want to decorate my house SO. BAD. It is taking every ounce of my already lack of self-control NOT to haul out the Rubbermaid tubs and get to work, but I will be strong! I will NOT decorate until Friday after Thanksgiving. I will prevail! Check back tomorrow for an update when I later cave in to pressure and set up the Nativity tonight during The Amazing Race.

My thankful prompt yesterday was, "I am thankful for the boys in my house/life."

Good. Lord. Good thing "life" was included or this would be a VERY short thankful blog post. But alas, I do have boys in my life. And now that I am older and have grown to appreciate them as actual human beings and not just those blobs of testosterone that used to live in the same house as me, this is pretty easy.

I am thankful for my dad and my brothers.







Just look at 'em. What's not to love? Really. We are never short on sources of laughter.

And today's prompt is....wait for it...."I am thankful for the girls in my house/life." Whoa. Betcha didn't see that comin', huh!

So OF COURSE, that can only mean one person for yours truly.

I am thankful for my mom!


She's my best friend. And I'm the only girl, so I don't have to share her with anyone else. Except Kaydrian. And he's still too young to know that he's competing for attention. And love. And acceptance. And the best presents on birthdays and Christmas. Just kidding. My mom is one of those moms. You know, the kind that has to spend exactly the same amount of money on each kid so it's fair? Yep.

Thanks again to Miss Becky over at Simply Enjoy Photography for the great family pictures! Check her out, people. You will simply enjoy her work. Lame? Too far? Sorry.

1 comment:

  1. Not lame, quite clever I might say! :) Thanks for the little shout out. You guys were a kick to hang with. As for The Office clips, you might just have me tuning in. I'm not a watcher but may have to check it out. Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete