We deal with it all. From barf-o-rama on the carpet to snotty noses blown into sleeves. It's ugly I tell you. OK, so I've actually never had to deal with barf-o-rama on the carpet, but I hear it's awful.
It's a battle everyday, and teachers are on the front line; facing the petri dish of germs and bacteria head on. It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it.
Like I said, teachers aren't scared of much. With that said, there are only two words that stir fear in the intermost depths of teachers everywhere. Just two little words. That's all.
Inside. Recess.
Shudder.

Don't be fooled by the brightness of the photos. Or the fact that you can't see the pouring-down rain. A tip of the hat to you, Windows Live Photo Gallery.Oh, my achin' temporal lobe. It's throbbing. It's been throbbing at the same time everyday for the last 4 days. The pain seems to be the worst between 10:10-10:25 in the morning, 12:05-12:40 after lunch, and 1:45-2:00 in the afternoon. Coincidently, those are the EXACT same times as recess. Hmmmmm.....
I've been doing some research and it turns out, the symptoms of Post-Inside Recess Disorder are strikingly similar to the side effects of Valium.
* confusion, unusual thoughts or behavior
* unusual risk-taking behavior, decreased inhibitions, no fear of danger
* double vision, hallucinations
* feeling like you might pass out
* muscle twitching, tremor
* urinating less than usual or not at all
* drowsiness, tired feeling
* dizziness, spinning sensation
* blurred vision
* sleep problems (insomnia), nightmares
* muscle weakness, lack of balance or coordination
* slurred speech
* nausea, vomiting, constipation
* headache, memory problems
* drooling or dry mouth
* skin rash
Oh boy. Do you ever watch commercials about illnesses or read articles about "what's goin' around" and find yourself in the shoes of a hypochondriac saying, "Oh my gosh, I have that." OK, so I'm not THAT bad, but I am suffering from about 10 of the 16 symptoms of Post-Inside Recess Disorder. Namely, drowsiness, skin rash, slurred speech, lack of balance, and nighmares. Usually about another inside recess. I wake up in a cold sweat; white knuckles clutching the side of my pillow. I also seem to be experiencing double vision today, though, this could be caused by the fact that it's Seahawks day at school and 1 out of 3 kids is wearing a Seahawks jersey.




Regardless, it's day 4 of inside recess. Which means that tomorrow, Saturday, it will be clear, sunny, and 50 degrees outside.
And I will spend the day nursing my twitching muscles.
Breaking news...
This just in: As of 12:27, on this day, January 7, 2011, approximately 3 hours after publishing this post, the skies opened and bestowed upon the cherubs, sunlight. Oh happy day!
No comments:
Post a Comment