Monday, January 24, 2011

Serenity Now

It's raining today. Not just a little. It's not the usual "mist" that rocks my second grade world. It is pouring. So the cherubs are inside. Welcome, second semester. Thanks for the headache.

It's B.E.A.R Week; Be Excited About Reading. And boy, are we excited. The cherubs brought their Teddy Bears/Build-A-Bears/stuffed whales to school today, so they have built-in reading buddies all week. Just take a look at these faces:








I interrupted this last cherub at a climactic part of his book. "Seriously, Teacher? The thingamajigs were just about to overthrow the whatchamacallit with the help of the whatsits!!" Poor thing.

Speaking of faces that melt my heart, look who's sending me hellos from Iowa!

I think he's saying, "Hi Auntie! It's me, the center of your universe! You're the best Auntie ever! Please send me more presents!"

Done and done.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that little guy is soooo cute. How priceless is that picture? Is he waving at you? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, he's actually itching his eye, but his mama caught him at JUST the right time. And he is pretty cute, huh?! I kinda like him. :-)

    ReplyDelete