Thursday, January 26, 2012

I wonder if my insurance covers a back transplant?

1. I need a back transplant. Yesterday.

After last year's unfortunate incident on Christmas Eve, my lower back has never been the same. It's past it's prime. And it knows it. A couple of weeks ago, those same muscles that wreaked havoc on December 24 last year, formed a mutiny and tightened their grasp on every other muscle and nerve in a 4 inch radius. They didn't "go out", but rather threw quite a nice party right where they were. Just a little "Hello, we're still here" if you will. A "You will second guess bending over every day for the rest of your life" little reminder. I put myself in the hands of my gal-pal-turned-miracle-worker massage therapist and through excessive force with an elbow, the muscle party soon ended and life was back to normal. Until Wednesday morning. This time, it was boot camp. Seriously?! Why?!?!?!!?! Why can't I just do dips and jump squats like a normal person! What has a jump squat ever done to the muscles in my back other than tone them nicely. The squats don't serve such anarchy. But now here I am. Icing my lower back every 1-2 hours for twenty minutes. Trying to walk and stand up straight rather than lean to the right.

It will never end. This is my life now. Ice packs and two left shoes to keep me from walking right.

2. Great Wolf Lodge is only a week away.

I'm still pale. Very pale. But I don't think anyone will notice. They'll be too busy wondering why I keep walking in circles. Always to the right.

3. The Big Bang Theory is the best show on television.

4. I've decided on a book character for dress-up day next week Friday. It's going to be epic. But I'm not going to tell you. Here is a taste of what's to come:















I can't wait. I can't wait to see what all the Great Wolf Lodge junior-high goers will have to say about my real hair when I show up at church at 3:30 after wearing that hot mess all day.

6. Overheard in a third grade classroom this week:

“I think I’ll just play for the Seahawks. That way I don’t have to fly home for Christmas and holidays and birthdays and stuff from, like, New York or someplace really far.”

“Yeah, you’re totally right. Good idea. Me too.”

Wise words. Sometimes the littlest people have the most sense.

7. Book I'm currently reading: "Mockingjay" by Suzanne Collins. It's the third book in the Hunger Games trilogy. It's the series all the cool kids are reading right now. A movie based on the first book "The Hunger Games" is coming to theaters near you on March 23. My girlfriends and I will be there at noon. On February 23. We're THAT excited.

Off to ice my back,

Ghetto Barbie

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about your back!
    I hope you don't have to walk in circles for too long...You could get dizzy.

    Or maybe, dizzier. ;)

    ReplyDelete