T-minus four days until Single-Awareness Day.
Last year, after a horrific slip in judgement, I decided to share with the world why I hold such disdain towards the holiday of love.
Newbie readers, you can do a quick catch-up by clicking on the link below, but I'm warning you - Have an extra pair of undergarments ready. You'll thank me later.
Why Black Tuesday makes me S.A.D.
Well, apparently, my wild junior high tale is hard to forget for some readers, because this morning as I was perusing the high school daily bulletin which had come to me via email, I came across this:
Last year, after a horrific slip in judgement, I decided to share with the world why I hold such disdain towards the holiday of love.
Newbie readers, you can do a quick catch-up by clicking on the link below, but I'm warning you - Have an extra pair of undergarments ready. You'll thank me later.
Why Black Tuesday makes me S.A.D.
Well, apparently, my wild junior high tale is hard to forget for some readers, because this morning as I was perusing the high school daily bulletin which had come to me via email, I came across this:
***CARNATION SALES: Valentine carnations will be sold from the ASB window during breaks and at lunch break TODAY. Send a carnation to that special someone, best friend or someone you appreciate. Flowers will be sold for $2.00 each, $5.00 for a bouquet of 3 or $10 for a bouquet of 6. You can choose from pink or red carnations. Secret admirers will be kept anonymous for a $1.00 fee. Supply is limited so place your order TODAY. (Someone should make sure Ms. Kooistra in the elementary building gets at least one carnation.)
Funny how one short paragraph about carnations can cause my emotions to run the gamut.
"Carnation Sales": NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
"Send a carnation to that special someone...": DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"2.00 each": Bad economy affects even high school students on S.A.D.
"$10 for a bouquet of 6": Thank the Lord above that wasn't an option for me in eighth grade
"Choose from pink or red carnations": Seriously? Only two colors? What about purple? The color that will forever harbor bitterness in my soul.
"Secret admirers will be kept anonymous...": ANONYMOUS MY PATOOTIE!!!! NO THEY WON'T!!!!! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!!! IT'S A TRAP!!!!!!!!
IT'S A TRAP!!!!!!!!!!
IT'S A TRAP!!!!!!!!!!
"Someone should make sure Ms. Kooistra in the elementary building gets at least one carnation.": LAUGH OUT LOUD. Followed soon by: Awww....isn't that nice!? Somebody cares about me. Even if she is on Team Purple on our staff Go the Distance challenge. Sorry. Another post for another time.
I wonder what color carnation symbolizes the "I feel so sorry for you" affection?
I should get DOZENS of those.
Off to try on my black veil,
Ghetto Barbie
Funny how one short paragraph about carnations can cause my emotions to run the gamut.
"Carnation Sales": NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
"Send a carnation to that special someone...": DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"2.00 each": Bad economy affects even high school students on S.A.D.
"$10 for a bouquet of 6": Thank the Lord above that wasn't an option for me in eighth grade
"Choose from pink or red carnations": Seriously? Only two colors? What about purple? The color that will forever harbor bitterness in my soul.
"Secret admirers will be kept anonymous...": ANONYMOUS MY PATOOTIE!!!! NO THEY WON'T!!!!! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!!! IT'S A TRAP!!!!!!!!
IT'S A TRAP!!!!!!!!!!
IT'S A TRAP!!!!!!!!!!
"Someone should make sure Ms. Kooistra in the elementary building gets at least one carnation.": LAUGH OUT LOUD. Followed soon by: Awww....isn't that nice!? Somebody cares about me. Even if she is on Team Purple on our staff Go the Distance challenge. Sorry. Another post for another time.
I wonder what color carnation symbolizes the "I feel so sorry for you" affection?
I should get DOZENS of those.
Off to try on my black veil,
Ghetto Barbie
Hmmm, isn't it ironic that I am the captain of the "purple" team?
ReplyDelete