Happy Leap Day!
29 Random Thoughts:
1. I would not enjoy having a birthday on February 29. I would feel as though I had been robbed of having a birthday every year.
2. When do people who are born on February 29 celebrate their birthday? Do they choose February 28 or March 1?
3. I don't know anyone with a birthday on February 29, so I guess I'll never know.
4. If you read this and have a birthday on February 29, please leave a comment and let me know when you celebrate your birthday.
5. It's February 29 and it's snowing.
6. Everyone and their dog from Lynden is heading to Yakima for the state basketball tournament. Me and my dog are staying home.
7. I don't really have a dog. Dogs and me don't mix.
8. Speaking of dogs, I recently took my aunt and uncle's dog for a walk. They're off frolicking on the beaches of Cancun, so somebody needs to make sure Hank the Cow Dog gets his exercise. When we left for our jaunt around Depot Road I was wearing my blue opal ring from Israel. The ONLY material thing that I bought for myself on my trip last spring. When we got back from our walk, my treasured possession was gone. Never to be seen again.
9. Or was it? Two hours later, two friends and I were armed with flashlights and snowmobiling headlamps; ready to embark on a cold, dark, three mile journey into the abyss.
10. Thirty seconds later and five steps out the front door, my treasure was found. Laying right there in the front lawn.
11. I have never screamed so loud in my life.
12. I have never loved my friends so much in my life.
13. My ring hasn't left my finger since it was found.
14. The Pioneer Woman is coming to Seattle on Tuesday, April 24.
15. My auntie, a dear friend, and I are leaving for Seattle RIGHT after school on that day; armed with cookbooks and romance novels anticipating an autograph and friendly greeting.
16. I won't sleep until April 24.
17. I'm not sleeping anyway. I blame stress. Stress and me don't mix.
18. I'm dog tired.
19. I'm spending my day tomorrow painting my kitchen. I'm leaving the red behind and going with more of an "icy teal" look.
Second from the left. Ahhhh....love. I can keep my red and black accents. It's going to be stunning.
20. I was planning on painting my bedroom at the same time, but I fear that's a near impossibility. I'll leave that for spring break.
21. On Saturday, some girlfriends and I are heading to Fifth Avenue in Seattle to see Oklahoma. I can't wait! We'll hit up the Alderwood Mall on our way down and do some serious shopping first.
22. I wish our JCPenney would get a Sephora like all the other JCPenneys.
22. I'm loving this new season of Survivor. I'm glad they got rid of Redemption Island. I like the guys vs. girls twist. I would like to see them go back to two finalists as opposed to three. They need to change things up a bit.
23. I would LOVE to go on Survivor. Aside from the killer tan and large amount of weight loss I would come away with, I may actually do fairly well on the island. Nobody's going to vote off the funny girl.
24. Who am I kidding. I would go CRAZY with all of those whackos.
25. Kaydrian is growing like a weed. I miss him so.
26. The Northwestern Red Raiders beat the Dordt Defenders last night in men's basketball; coming away with the conference championship. Big news in Sioux County. And for anyone here that cares.
27. It stopped snowing. Praise be. I do NOT want to shovel or scrape my windshield.
28. I love my iPhone. I dont' know how I ever functioned before she was mine.
29. I get to hang out with my youth group girls tonight. I love them. They make me smile.
Happy Leap Day!



Cousin Dearest,
ReplyDelete1. You would be SO good on Survivor. And SO tan. And SO skinny. And I would be SO jealous of you.
2. On that note, maybe we should ALL take a vacation, the whole Kooistra Krew, so we ALL can be tan, frolicking in the sand. Any thoughts? (Not gonna lie, that would be quite the trip!)
3. Watched the game last night, albeit from my computer, but it was still awesome. Go Big Red!
4. We need to play Phase 10 this summer. I'll head back down to Sioux County to play with you if it's the last thing I do. In the words of Tim Gunn, "Make it work, make it work!"
5. I've been meaning to ask you about your nannying experience in the Hamptons and if you'd have any cousinly advice as to how one might obtain a summer job such as this for herself. Maybe you could pull a few strings with Chevy Chase or Alec Baldwin and find me some snot-nosed twerps to take care of? But in all seriousness, I'd really love to nanny and I'm hoping you've got some tips to get me started!
6. That is all. Miss you! - Sara
It's my understanding that the Leap Day babies do February 28th on the off years (or whichever day works for them) but that every 4 years they get to have a huge party. One of the ladies at work had her official 16th birthday (that makes her 64 in real years) yesterday, and she was so excited. The whole floor threw her a potluck. :)
ReplyDeleteyou're random.
ReplyDeletethat's why i love you.
well, that's just one of the reasons i love you.
one of the other reasons is you are keeping the 'pizza lady' on her toes. thank you for that.
and....
you're fun and i like fun.