Sunday, July 22, 2012

Birthday Barbie ate a brat at the bay

Last year, I very nearly burned down the city of Lynden when I blew out the 30 candles on my birthday cake.

And the party lasted an entire week; with five of those days spent at the happiest place on earth. Well, technically, only 16 hours were spent at the happiest place on earth. The other bajillion hours were spent driving, sleeping, hot tubbing, soaking up rays at Huntington Beach, sleeping, driving, and then driving some more. But it was worth every second of being held hostage in a white mini-rental-van. Because we got to meet the master of all mice.


We journeyed to Neverland. With Peter Pan. Not Michael Jackson. Gross.



For sixteen hours, we were transported back to the land of our childhood. A land filled with princesses, princes, magical castles, faraway lands, and dropping elevators that made you want to drop your digested lunch all over your neighbor's lap. I can't say that the Tower of Terror was ever part of my childhood dream, but I guess Disney needs to consider dreams of all children. Even the creepy little demonic ones. Shudder.

Then:


Now:


Minus the cutie-patootie on the top left. She joined us later. Her and her hubby were busy taking wedding photos last night, because they're the best in the west and you should call them if you want to have pictures taken of you, your spouse, your children, your pets, your neighbors, your child's teacher, whomever it may be. Stefan Elmer Photography can meet your needs. Wow. I should be a spokesperson. I really sold that. But, it's the truth. Look them up on Facebook and LIKE them. Do it, people!

I digress.

This year, we celebrated the birth of yours truly at the Disneyland of Whatcom County: Birch Bay. Ah....glorious Birch Bay, how I love thee. And how I love knowing people who are blessed enough to have a home along the water at the bay of birch.



Momma Cindy is a spittin' image of Cinderella. The resemblance is uncanny.


Papa Jack manning the grill.


Saying my goodbyes to Captain Morgan before sending him out to sea. A target to be used later during our post-dinner golf competition.



And off they go...


Some of the boys plotting. "We're already strides ahead of the women in golf, but how can we make them look and feel even more nonathletic?"


Papa Jack coaching.



Nate showing us all up. Applause...applause.


My girl! The other half of Stefan Elmer Photography. All was right with the world when she showed up.



Two of my favorite people in the whole wide world.


Next year, those two girlies are headed to East Hampton, New York with me to celebrate another year of birth. You hear that kiddos in East Hampton?! Nanny is coming!

Off to check the expiration date on my fire extinguisher,

Birthday Barbie

3 comments:

  1. Hampton Hampton here we come! Though you may be filming the bachelor....and I'm sure you'll be needed for a ton of interviews with Sean. And you'll be so tied up planning your wedding and all. I hope we can still find time to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hamptons!!!!! New York!!! BROADWAY!!!

    ReplyDelete