I arrived at the house of my youth at 12:30 a.m. last week Saturday morning. I hit the hay right away as we had family pictures scheduled for 10:00 later that morning. Oy vey. So much for sleeping in. Lucky I'm such a natural beauty; I only needed an hour and a half to prep myself for aforementioned picture taking.
A perk of taking pictures at 10:00 in the morning..it's only 89 degrees as opposed to 98 degrees later in the afternoon. Therefore, sister-in-law and I didn't look so ridiculous in our cardigans. I'm confident the photographer can photoshop the waterfall of sweat that was running down my face in every shot.
Other events that have kept me busy:
1. Making sure the neighborhood squirrels have their food.
2. Participating in family literature circles.
3. Watering my mom's plants.
4. Hanging out with my girls.
We spent 3 1/2 hours laughing hysterically as we chatted about jobs, husbands, kids, and high school memories. We were never at a loss of words. And we, especially me, enjoyed staring at Mitch "Eye Candy" Bartender behind the bar. We may need to return when I'm back at Christmas.
5. Nanny Auntie Duty
What a lil' Joe Cool.
We worked on an interpretive dance with Grandma's hose.
We wrestled and watched a little Milo and Otis.
If I keep myself busy, I don't notice the heat and humidity as much.
Lies. Absolute and total lies.
I notice it everywhere. Because it's everywhere.
I can't escape it.
It's only supposed to be 85 degrees in Rock Valley on Saturday. I would welcome the cold front with open arms, however, I'll be back on Lynden soil by 10:30 Saturday morning. A place where it's only 73 degrees. I may need to haul out my winter coat. Brrrrrrrr!!!!
Off to assemble another fan,
One Hot Barbie
No comments:
Post a Comment