Thursday, July 5, 2012

Knee high?

Try as high as an elephant's eye.

I realize that Oklahoma isn't the home of my youth, but the lyrics still apply. It's the Midwest, people. We take pride in our corn.


Speaking of pride, this is the most American pride that I could get out of Lil' Man yesterday. Perhaps because he's a dual-citizen. I'm pretty sure he's standing there thinking, "You can put these flags in my hands, Auntie, but you can't make me wave them. And why won't you let me play in the corn? It's so tall and inviting." Because, my little grasshopper, we will lose you forever. Though, if you see a bunny, you'll scream in delight, and we'll know in what direction the search party should go.

It's hot here in Iowa. Bloody hot. The heat index here in the American desert was 106 degrees yesterday. And for someone who has adjusted to Pacific Northwest weather, I max out at 75 degrees. Therefore, I spent my 4th of July INSIDE. Sorry, Inwood festivities, you were trumped by central air.

I took my parents out for brunch, and then I took a nap. I caught up on some reading. Mom and I watched another NCIS marathon on USA. I caught up on some reading. I made myself some white fish for dinner. Note to self: Next time I get the hair-brained idea to participate in the Advocare 24-Day Challenge, make certain that 8 of those 24 days are not while on vacation. I spent the evening in Sioux Center at Bestie's house chatting it up and then watching fireworks.

Pretty uneventful. But incredibly relaxing.


Another American Birthday in the books.

Looking forward to next year when I can and will eat a brat. And a burger. And corn on the cob. And fruit salad. And baked beans. And apple pie. With ice-cream.

I need to go wipe the drool off my chin.

xoxo

Ghetto Barbie

No comments:

Post a Comment