Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Doubting Thomas

Shame.

Guilt.

Embarrassment.

Shock.

Since Saturday, I have experienced stabbing pangs of all of the above.

In my last post, I wrote -

"We thought we better dress up this week since our chances of surviving tomorrow's bloodbath are slim to none. Sorry for the lack of faith in the home team, but I'm a realist. This isn't fantasy football, people. This is real life. And the fact that we now hold the record for the first NFL team to win their division with a losing record, sure is something to be proud of. Or laugh at."

Gasp!

Shame. On. Me.

I was certain defeat was a sure thing. I'm not a bettin' woman, but it I were, I would have lost my life-savings on that game. All $25 of it. A friend of mine said, "Don't feel bad, Em! I doubted too, and my doubt was based on facts! Have you seen their numbers!?!"

Regardless, I have brought shame upon my family. And it is with a heavy heart that I now need to do this:

Yep. I'm eating my words. And they do not taste good.

Must be the new toner.

3 comments:

  1. Good Picture!! Serves you right Miss doubter!!!
    I'm taking them to win this game too...uh oh...now it's in print!!!

    GO SEAHAWKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame...Double Shame... thats from Full House!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my personal fav is kolton's lil' seahawk painting over your shoulder...did you plan that?

    ReplyDelete