Anyhoo, it's been a fun week.
1. I was Nanny Em all week. I threw some crap in my carpet bag and hit the road. More money for the Israel fund.
2. By the way, I'm going to Israel. Yep. The land of our Lord. I've wanted to visit the Holy Land for years, and now it's finally happening. I can hardly believe it. While some folks will spend their spring break laying in the sand on the beaches of Mexico, yours truly here will be laying FACE DOWN in the sand of the Israeli Desert. Hot, tired, and paralyzed from all the hiking. I can't wait. Seriously, I CAN'T WAIT. It's going to be epic.
3. Snow Day. God bless snow days.
What does one do on a snow day, you ask?
Nothing.
Absolutely nothing.
And by nothing, I mean lay on the couch all day and watch movies.
4. Dead Woman Walking. I registered for Part 2 of the test from you-know-where. D-Day is scheduled for February 26. The week before, the girls and I are off to the Chrysalis Inn and Spa for a day of pampering. I like to think of it as the calm before the storm. A horrible, deadly storm.
5. Ghetto Georgia
I have maps in my classroom. They are amazing. They were even more amazing the first six months that I had them and they actually STAYED down. It was only a matter of time before an innocent cherub pulled the map down with the strength of Hercules; crippling the seven continents and the continental U.S. forever. Now, I'm forced to improvise. And today, the cherubs needed the map down for longer than my arm muscles would allow. So I went searching.
And look what I found:

A simple quadruple knot...
And a strategic rock placement...

And we're back in business.
6. Finally, it's this girl's birthday today:

She's 25 today. Always 25, right? Yep. I'm turning the big 25 this summer. And next summer. And the summer after that. But I digress.
She's my sister from another mother. Doesn't have the effect as brother from another mother, but nonetheless. She's one of my besties. And I love her.
Happy Weekend!
This is one of those times you should have asked your friend Mal, all you had to do to tap into this clever brain was make a simple phone call and you would have gotten this little beauty....
ReplyDelete"Sister from another mister!"
Amazing you say?
Better than sister from another mother you ask?
I know right? :)
Crimeaid
call really immediately Mal examine amazingness I declare!