Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Great White Pacific Northwest

There is snow in Whatcom County. Lots and lots of snow.

That can only mean one thing.

PANDEMONIUM

Life, as I have come to know it, has been put on pause. Life will pick up again when the white stuff is no longer a threat to anything that moves. At all.

So, today was a snow day. And I looooooooooooooooooove snow days.

And here's why.

Five reasons I love snow days:

1. Sleeping in. I loooooooooooooooove sleeping in. I'm good at sleeping in.
2. One word: Pajamas. Two more words: All Day. Put them together and what do you get? Pajamas all day.
3. Lack of agenda. Since yours truly is supposed to spend her week days molding young minds, when a snow day hits, my schedule for the day takes a hit as well. And I am really good at excelling at what is left on the schedule. Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
4. Guiltless T.V. watching. All day. Due to my suddenly empty agenda, I'm allowed to lay on the couch and watch sappy Lifetime movies about abused cheerleaders and their abusive boyfriends ALL DAY LONG. Guilt free.
5. It's just so dang pretty! Just take a look at the view from my back porch-





Bottom photo courtesy of Miss Becky Van Hofwegen. Proof, yet again, that I need to upgrade my camera. Desperately.

Maybe I should look into getting a snow shoveling job for the city of Lynden to earn some extra money.

Hmmmmm......

Here's to six more inches tomorrow! Hip Hip Hooray!!!

2 comments:

  1. Snow days are the best! Glad you'e enjoying yours guilt free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, totally with ya on the jammies! Think we pulled off a 36 hour jammies wearing record. awesome :)

    ReplyDelete