Check!
It's the last day of Spring Break. Well, I guess technically tomorrow is, but I don't include the Sabbath when I count. It's the only day that I actually will have an agenda. And by "agenda", I mean - get up, go to church, have lunch with my second family, and then go home and take a nap. But, I'll need to put my makeup on and do my hair. So, it's not REALLY an "off" day.
So, what I have done all week, you ask? Take a look.
Now imagine the same picture without the book in her hand. And replace the dress and corset with sweat pants and a hoodie. And the pipe curls with a messy pony tail. And the makeup with a naked, well moisturized, face. Yep. That was me. For 6 glorious days. And it was gloooooooorious.
OK, so I did leave my couch at times. I worked out every day. I rolled out my sore muscles on a foam roller. I ran random errands that I never seem to find time for during a normal week. I made my bed every day. On Thursday, Auntie and I met Uncle for lunch in downtown Bellingham. We ate at AB Crepes, and I had a garlic chicken crepe that changed my life. Then we went and got pedicures. Not Uncle. He had packages to deliver. He works hard, that one. I remember when I first moved to Lynden and was helping bring all of the Costco paraphernalia into the house. My cousin, Leslie, picked up a box of assorted school lunch goodies and said, "Holy balls! So much stuff!" Uncle shot back, "Well yeah! You think this stuff just appears!? The old man works his butt off for this stuff!" I still laugh when I think about that conversation. Not only because it was so funny, but because it was like listening to my own father put me in my place seven years before. I can't tell you how many times Uncle says something and I look around for my father.
Friday was Seattle shopping day with my gal-pal, Leslie. It's tradition. The trip. Not necessarily the day. We kind of arrange the trip around the weather. Rainy days are good shopping days. We're not about to give up a rare warm and sunny spring day to stay inside all day. I think not.
Now, it's report card time. If only I hadn't been so good at doing nothing all week; I could have had these bad boys finished days ago.
And speaking of boys, check out this little nugget -
Coming soon to a GAP Kids billboard near you. Seriously. That face. I like to think he's staring into his future. His bright, happy, successful future. Or he could be watching his daddy pile all the luggage by the door. Or his puppy, Francesca, play with a sock. I don't really know. What I do know is if that pictures was an actual advertisement for the GAP, I'd run out and buy that shirt yesterday. Sold. To the auntie with the cutest nephew.
Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to doing what I do best. Nothing.
xoxo
E


Just read this, LOL! Yes those two Kooistra men are peas in a pod. And so like their father!!! And Kaydrian is darling. The BETTER be in Willmar........
ReplyDelete