Thursday, January 14, 2010

The 80's called...

...they want their clothes back.

Apparently, last night the skating party had an 80's theme. Good to know. Would have been even better to know before getting to the skating rink. Oh well, I'm an 80's child, so my presence alone is in the spirit of the 80's.

I do have to say, however, that I now know how it feels to be watching children bedazzle themselves in getup from a decade that they weren't even alive to see. Like when we had 70's dress-up day in high school and I wore my mom's clothes. Or 50's days when my gal-pals and I dressed up in poodle skirts. Boy, oh boy, was that fun. And let me tell you, I could rock a poodle skirt. When are those going to come back in style???

Aside from the 80's child coming dressed in sweats and a GAP vest, it was a good night. The kids had a blast, and I...wait for it.....I skated. And I didn't even need to hug the wall. That is progress, my friends.


This stud never stopped skating. He circled that rink approximately 4,782 times. It's a new record.

The adults table. I think we went overboard with our 80's wear.

Meet Kelly Kapowski's little sister, Kori Kapowski. Believe it or not, she had a difficult time getting into the building with those bangs. Look for her in theaters soon. She'll be staring in the new Saved by the Bell: The Junior-High Years.



Yeah, I said it. I skated. However, by the time I decided that this was a good plan, the rink was out of my size in rollerblades. No worries; my buddy Ryan came to the rescue. He let me borrow his size 12 blades. What a guy.

Fun times. And my feet don't even hurt today. Once again, progress. Next year, I will dominate that rink.

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. We didn't get the '80s theme' memo either, but it was still a fun night.
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete