Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Conveyor Belt of Stupidity

Dear Reality T.V.,

Just when I think you couldn't get more desperate, you have proven me wrong. To be clear, I love me some reality t.v...Survivor, The Amazing Race, Big Brother, and now and then a lil' Bachelor. However, last night after being sucked into The Bachelor once again, I was mouth-droppingly-appalled by the show being aired after the gut-wrenching rose ceremony in which Jake sent ten lovey-dovey ladies home. The name of this stab at desperation: Conveyor Belt of Love.

Now I can see the appeal. People love conveyor belts. I myself am I huge fan of them in the Denver airport when I'm sprinting to my connecting flight. But to sit in a chair and watch 30 men pass me by on a conveyor belt, all desperately trying to impress me...not my idea of a good match. And what happens if they decide that the loser they've already picked isn't for them? Is there a conveyor belt of "backups"?

You have made me very sad, ABC. I'm sad that you have stooped to this level. I'm sad that you managed to find the 30 saddest single men in the country to put on national television, along with the 5 most desperate woman. Mostly, I'm sad that I spent 23.17 minutes of my life watching it last night. That's 23.17 minutes of beauty sleep that I sacrificed, and let me tell you, I could have used them today. I blame the bad hair on you, ABC.

Please try and make better decisions from now on.

Love,
Emily

3 comments:

  1. YEAH! I sent you a message on FB about the Bachelor, no response, so yes, I watched. I just don't think it will help me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh i totally got sucked into that joke of a show too! absolutely ridiculous!! i didn't watch the whole thing, so i only wasted about 13.67 minutes of my life THAT I WILL NEVER GET BACK! stupid ABC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me right up.... I have now made "Checking Emily's blog" a part of my daily routine, thanks for the entertainment :)
    --Lindsay Tink

    ReplyDelete