Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wednesday Wamblings

It's Wednesday today. I like Wednesdays. Wednesdays are always fun. You know what else is fun? Pronouncing Wednesday the way it's spelled. Wed-nes-day. I think next week, I'm going to spend all day on Wednesday pronouncing it that way...Wed-nes-day.

"Do we have a pre-test today in spelling, Miss K?

"Yes, lad. We do. You know why? Because it's Wed-nes-day. And that's what we do on Wed-nes-day."


Should be fun. I will need to add this to my list of "Ways to Annoy People".

Moving on...

Here's what's up in Barbie Land-

1. Snow is coming. I don't know this for a fact, nor has any meteorologist in the Pacific Northwest predicted it, but I know it's coming. No, I do not posses telepathic powers, I have my own way of predicting the change in weather. It's called chatty children. Chatty, ants in the pants, children. And I have 20 of them. Snow is coming.

2. The elementary building has been cold. I have needed to make a change in my wardrobe to keep certain "things" at bay. Women- you will understand my dilemma. Yesterday, I threw a jacket on after lunch. As I was erasing the board, one of my children said to me, "Miss K, can you take your coat off? It's making me uncomfortable." Um, no my lad. Because with if off, I'm uncomfortable. End of story.

3. It's youth group skating night at the skating rink. Oh Lordy. Fifth grade flashback. If they play the song "Fishin' in the Dark", I am outta there. Or "I Saw the Sign" by Ace of Base. I can't handle the agony of reliving my failed attempt to skate gracefully around the Sheldon Skating Rink. The wall and I were very close friends back in the day. As will be the case tonight if I work up the nerve to pull those nasty skates on. *Shudder*.

Time to throw the comfy sweats on and head out. Sweats are just the best. Kudos to Mr. Hanes. You've changed my life.

Happy Wed-nes-day!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to the snow!! If your children can narrow the date down a little it would be greatly appreciated!!
    Enjoy your Wed-nes-day!!

    ReplyDelete