You see, my family is coming to visit in April and having only one couch in my house to sit on will simply not do. Thus we have, "Operation Find Leather Chair."
My friend, Leslie, joined me on this excited adventure.
We began our day at a LOVELY furniture store. And we found some LOVELY things. However, nothing was up to my standards.
In the hour that we were there, not ONE SINGLE associate asked if we needed any assistance. And I would have liked assistance. Was it because I came dressed in my "Saturday morning best"? At least I didn't come dressed in a mini-skirt with 4 inch heels! We all know how this pretty woman would have been treated! I so desperately wanted to say as I left, "You people work on commission don't you? BIG mistake!" But I held it together.
Once we were back in the car, however, I fell apart. Not emotionally. Just dramatically. In the spirit of Martin Luther King Jr. Day, and his fight for equal civil rights, I just want to say that I too have a dream. I have a dream that someday my children will be able to shop for furniture and be treated like paying customers.
I will not disclose the name of said furniture store, but I will give you some hints. You're on your own after that.
1. His mother's name of Hannah.
2. He spent a lot of time in the temple with cool-man, Eli.
3. It begins with an "S" and ends with "amuel".
That's it! That's all you're getting! Good luck and God speed.
Enjoy your weekend!
*In the end, I did get my chair. Just like Julia got her man. Pics coming soon. With bated breath you again must wait.
I saw a nice leather chair at the LC Thrift store this week- no joke- $150 and in good condition...
ReplyDelete