Here are some more pictures from our big day! What a blast.
Waiting to board the gondola. High on adrenaline at this point.
Crazy girl with the Sioux County sign. Which I have to say, I've been getting A LOT of flack about holding an Iowa sign. Listen people, Lynden was represented very nicely on our adventure, or perhaps you didn't see the sign that Melinda was holding. Though I now consider myself a Lyndenite, much of my heart is still in Iowa with my family and friends, and I wanted to give an equal shout-out to them. So deal with it. And I mean that in the nicest and most polite way.

Or this...

We were lucky enough to be the "backdrop" for her interview with Matt Lauer. We didn't realize who she was at the time, so we asked the handsome gentleman next to us if the woman Matt was interviewing was his wife. And yes, it was. Naturally, our next question was, "Who is she?" His reply? "Picabo." That was all he said. That was all he needed to say. Both Melinda and I let out a "(HUGE GASP!)You're married to Picabo Street!!!" Poor guy. Not because he's married to a former skiing champion. But because we crazy Americans were completely starstruck over his wife. Nobody notices Mr. Picabo.
Melinda was ecstatic to meet Dorothy Hamill. She was before my time, but it was still fun to meet a former gold medalist. I would compare it to meeting Bruce Jenner. Kidding.
One of the former First-Daughters, Jenna Bush. She was off to the side rehearsing her lines, and we sort of ambushed her. Poor thing. She was a bundle of nerves. Cody and JT offered to help her with her lines, but she respectfully declined.
Kristi Yamaguchi! I wanted to BE her when I was little. Her ability to do a triple-axel is no longer a mystery to me as she is about the size of my right leg.
This is probably one of my favorite pictures from the day. These two guys just dwarfed Kristi. No need to say her last name. We're on a first name basis.
Our crew! We were quite the ensemble. What a random group of fame-seekers.
Ted and Dorothy Hamill hit it off on the ride back down the mountain. She'll probably call him later.
The entire experience still feels like a dream. Maybe that's because I'm so tired and seem to be wafting through a sea of exhaustion and an overdose of caffeine. Or maybe it's because everything happened so quickly, that it hasn't sunk in yet. I haven't had time to process it all. Regardless, it was an amazing experience and I have absolutely no regrets. Melinda and I are now thinking of hitting the Oscars next month. You know, get all dressed up, bedazzle ourselves in expensive jewelry, and walk the red carpet. Afterall, we will be recognized. I will forever be "the blue sign girl on the 'Today' show". Ryan Seacrest, be ready. We're coming.
SO MUCH FUN!!!
ReplyDeleteSorry about the headache -- and you better keep taking those antibiotics so Mr. Strep Throat doesn't take your weakened state as an opportunity for another visit...
Momma Leslie
That is amazing!
ReplyDeleteLook out world, here they come??? Have the endorsements started rolling in? Contracts? Be patient, they're on their way!!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it funny now when you watch the TODAY show...that they feel like our friends? What an awesome experience for sure!!!
ReplyDelete