Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 2: Untangle and Unblock

'Tis the season....

To decorate the classroom.

'Tis the season....

To untangle strings of lights.

'Tis the season...

To reminisce about the good ol' days growing up back in Iowa and listening to my mom untangle the lights for the Christmas tree. "These blankety-blank, God-forsaken lights!"  Meanwhile, "Come On Ring Those Bells" was playing on a loop on the record player, not far from where my mother was losing her Christmas spirit.

Every. Year.

Ahhhh....memories.

So, today after school I began hanging lights.


I didn't make a lot of progress due to a sever case of the Fridays, but I managed to throw some lights around the white board and one of my three windows. The rest will have to wait. Or just go bare. Yes, because THAT will go over well with the cherubs. They deserve the best. Therefore, I will put lights around all three windows. The loft is getting "overlooked" this year. Two years ago, I was so tired near the end, I literally just threw lights here, there, and everywhere around the blasted thing and called it good. I knew I had derailed in my Christmas duties once I began blogging about aforementioned loft and realized just how much it seemed to give off a "A blind women hung lights on me" vibe. So now I just stick to the windows. It's how it's meant to be, people.

In other news, I'm hanging out with my nanny cherubs tonight. We went to Homestead for dinner, and on the way home, Cherub #1 discovered everyone's new favorite "I've been playing this for HOW many hours?!?!" game on my phone. The game is Unblock Me. The game then locks your mind for no less than 1.45 hours while you move blocks around, trying to free the one red block. All the while, your mind is being held prisoner and as much as you try to stop, you just can't! The game is true to it's name. Just look at these lil' nuggets:


Their minds are locked in. I've lost them.

But what an excellent exercise in hand-eye coordination!

There's always a silver lining.

No comments:

Post a Comment