Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 5: Crazy for Crazy Bread

Junior High Youth Group Leader - noun - See also Saint

I'm in my fourth year as a youth group leader for FRC's junior high youth group.

In those four years, I've been busy.

Busy playing laser tag.

Busy on ski retreats.

Busy collecting canned corn and beans on insanely competitive food drives.

Busy carrying broken, outdated, unwanted "treasures" from house to house during games of Bigger and Better.

It's been a good time.

This year, I get to hang out with some super cool 6th grade girls every Wednesday night. And for many of them, I was their second grade teacher. It's been fun for me to see how much they've grown in their four years since second grade, and in other ways, they're exactly the same, only taller. And chattier.

The 6th grade girls who attend LC get to come and have lunch with me every other Monday. It's a great way for us to connect outside of Wednesday nights.



Today a mom brought us pizza for lunch. And the girls were like vultures. Let's just say the name Crazy Bread is true to it's name.

Fun was had by all. And I appreciated, once again, being reminded of just how small the desks are in second grade.

Every. Time.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment