Happy One Year Anniversary to my achin' back.
It's been one year since the Christmas from Hades.
Here's a excerpt from last year's Day 24 post:
Christmas Eve 2010.
There I was; in the bathroom, beautifying myself for another day out on the town. I walked into my bedroom, bent over to get something out of my suitcase, and it happened. I don't remember what happened during the next 7.6 minutes, because I'm pretty sure I passed out from the pain, but when I came to, I knew we had a problem. I managed to walk down the stairs and make my way to the kitchen where I promptly shouted for all to hear, "I think I just threw out my back." Think. I think? What I should have said was, "Lord have mercy, I'm experiencing the worst pain I've ever felt in my life!!!!! I need you to call 911 and request a medic immediately!!! Move, people, MOVE!!!!"
Fast forward 17 minutes.
I am now at the chiropractor. I'm not in the building yet. I'm attempting to get out of the van without evoking further damage to my already achin' back. Once I manage to hunchback my way into the building, the real pain begins. Poke and prod and crack and massage and poke and prod and crack and massage. I was given strict instructions to "not sit" and spend the next few days standing, walking, or laying. Are you kidding me?! It's Christmas weekend. How am I not supposed to sit?!?
I hunchbacked my way back OUT of the building, cried as I crawled back into the van, and spent the rest of the day flat on my back. On ice. No Christmas Eve church service. And certainly no pictures of me during the Kooistra family gift opening after church. Sorry folks. Just because my back has gone out the window, doesn't mean that my dignity has to follow.
You can read the rest of the sad story here, but this pretty much sums things up.
This year, I spent the day straight as an arrow. I refused to bend over to get anything. After all, bending over was what landed me on the chiropractor's table last year.
And because I spent the day diligently doing nothing to overexert myself, I was able to attend church with my family tonight and then come home and enjoy these-
Those are REAL pigs-in-the-blanket. It's a Christmas Eve tradition.
Since Kaydrian took his parents to the Great White North for Christmas this year, our traditional Christmas Eve gift opening was postponed to New Year's Triple Eve. So, Thursday. I guess I could've just said Thursday, but New Year's Triple Eve sounds so much more fun.
And fun will be had by all on Thursday. But first I need to wipe the floor with my mom and grandma in a heated game of Scrabble tomorrow after Christmas dinner. It's time for all of my hours spent playing Words With Friends to pay off.
Merry Christmas Eve,
Ghetto Barbie
No comments:
Post a Comment