In April of 2011, I had the opportunity of a lifetime to travel to The Holy Land on a biblical tour with Under the Fig Tree Ministries. It was a trip that changed my life and continues to transform me from the inside out as I walk day to day with Christ.
When I returned, it took weeks of reflection and processing to fully comprehend every hike, every spoken word, and every physical thing I had laid eyes on. Even today, two years later, I continue to marinate in the experiences that marked those ten days.
And so, without further ado, I present to you my favorite blog posts. Ever. Since the beginning of time.
Thanks for taking the journey with me.
xoxo
E
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Prologue:
How does one begin to put into words a trip that affects one's very core. A trip
that changes one from the inside out? Do I say it was "awesome"? "Fantastic"?
"Unbelievable"? All great words. And all very true. Yet, none of them even begin
to describe the emotions swarming through my heart and my mind.
Spending
10 days face to face with God and His Word stretched me in ways I could never
have imagined. I was challenged physically, mentally, emotionally, and
spiritually. I was a different person on top of Mt. Sinai than I was at the
base. I was a different person coming out of Jerusalem than I was going in.
During our faith lessons, we were told repeatedly that WE are God's Holy
Place. He dwells within us, and we in turn, are to let Him live through us. It's
not the theology that we know, it's the theology that we live. We are called to
love the Lord our God with all our heart, all our soul, and all our strength.
Then, we are to GO and be the Message.
We were not tourists. We were
investments. Tourists go home after 10 days having enjoyed a fabulous vacation.
Investments go home after 10 days and tell all of Israel what they saw, heard,
and learned.
Investments ARE the Message.
Middle East Memoirs ~ Day One
Middle East Memoirs ~ Day Two
Middle East Memoirs ~ Day Three
Middle East Memoirs ~ Day Four
Middle East Memoirs ~ Day Five
Middle East Memoirs ~ Day Six
Middle East Memoirs ~ Day Seven
Middle East Memoirs ~ Day Eight
Middle East Memoirs ~ Day Nine
Middle East Memoirs ~ The Last Day
I was ordered to choose a favorite blog some time ago...but it was too hard. There are so many great ones! However, I'm going with the Middle East Memoirs. They were so awesome. I laughed....I cried....I learned. It was incredible to see your faith grow as you walked in the steps of Jesus and shared your experiences, thoughts and feelings. I was (am) so proud of you.....and so humbled. I love you.
ReplyDeletemom