Thursday, February 14, 2013

Today's Doorbuster: Purple Carnations

Today is the day.

BLACK THURSDAY

It's just like Black Friday except I don't get up at dark-thirty, I don't trample other crazies to get the last doorbuster, I don't shop until my feet hurt, and I don't spend money on a bunch of crap that I don't need. But other than that, it's JUST like Black Friday.

In honor the of the day of LOVE, I'm reposting a favorite post of many followers and friends; a post that will go down in Ghetto Barbie history as one of the best stories of all time. A classic. Someday, when I finally write a book, you'll see this book snugly placed between To Kill a Mockingbird and Oliver Twist.

It's a story about love, acceptance, and sheer stupidity.

It's a story about me as an awkward seventh grader, a sexy senior boy, and not one, but TWO of these wretched flowers-


Shudder. Every year I relive the heartache. The embarrassment. The public humiliation.

And now, you can reread the tale of heartache, embarrassment, and public humiliation.

And you will laugh. Because it's a funny story. And I can only hope and pray that somewhere out there, this tale of such sorrow and internal suffering has saved the money and dignity of a junior high girl longing for affection from someone who remains unaware of her existence.

The Day My Dignity Died

Happy reading, my friends. May your day be filled with love, friendship, and carnations of any color except purple!

xoxo
E

No comments:

Post a Comment