Anyhoo, the second graders are busy little bees this week. We're learning what life would have been like if we were second graders during the Colonial Days. Being the lover of hands-on activities that I am, this unit comes with a plethora of activities. Let me tell you- those colonial kids were busy during the holidays! As if it wasn't enough for them to have to make their own clothes, mattresses, and furniture, all while scheduling time to churn butter, there was also hammer punching tin ornaments, dipping candles, stringing popcorn, stitching Christmas trees, AND having to use a feather pen to write their name on all these projects. That alone would put me over the edge. I'll stick to my #2 pencil, thank you very much.
Today was day one of chaos. ONE! That means there will be more! Serenity now.
On the agenda:
1. Dip candles. ie: No teaching necessary all day since the kids are leaving the room every 20 minutes to dip and re-dip. Check out my little colonist wanna-be's:



2. Draw pictures of the nativity scene....using chalk. What a mess. "Clean-up in aisle EVERYWHERE!"


3. Begin stitching tree activity. I have no pictures of this disaster as I was rocking back and forth in the fetal position for most of the time.
Tonight is the LC Christmas Concert. Ahhhhh, memories. I'm looking forward to reminiscing about high school drama yet again. Then, it's back home to watch all the Thursday night TV I'll be missing. I tell ya what, whoever invented the DVR is a GENIUS! I bet he just sits out in his hot tub every night, sippin' cocktails, never needing to worry about what he's missing on Survivor or The Office. What a lucky guy.
Happy Thursday!
chic you crack me up I am laughing out loud AGAIN, glad we can make each other chuckle from miles and miles away. I am loving the blog update everyday. How about taking it over the top and making it your new years resoulution to update everyday. While I am running my unwanted flab off my body you can update, sounds like a deal -K- maybe I will blog you run, my heart is beating fast and I'm starting to sweat just the thought of running. Ok so before the new year even begins I'm out, so so sorry to let you down. There I go again having a complete conversation by myself I really really need some MOM time STAT.
ReplyDeleteLove ya
Heidi
You crack me up everytime I check in with your class!
ReplyDeleteMany blessings! I hope that hair appt works out for you.
Let me know if the hairdresser accidently gives you a light green mullet!
Laura H at NWC