





100 years of God's faithfulness was celebrated today at the elementary Christmas program. The infamous white capes have been worn since the 1950's. Wow! The day of the program is always one of my favorite days of the entire year. I'm overcome with such pride and love for my little people. There are always tears. Every. Year. Sobfest in the front row. Nothing says, "I love my job!" more than Miss K's puddle of tears on the floor after the Christmas program.
It's been one hour since the little nuggets were released. Christmas vacation has officially started. The excitement is oozing out of every pore; along with my energy. I'm suddenly very sleepy. Hmmmm....I wonder if someone slipped a little somethin'-somethin' in the finger jello today. A bit of calm if you will.
Tomorrow is a day for packing and cleaning. Sunday is the Christmas program at church and then down to Seattle for the evening. United Christmas Flight is scheduled to depart the Pacific Northwest early Monday morning. Prepare yourselves, United checker-inners, and flight attendants. Emily is coming and is BURSTING with "home for the holidays!" spirit. "Who's the crazy lady in 21A? She's on her fourth Diet Pepsi in 10 minutes!" Yeah. That will be me.
Enjoy your Friday! One week until the big day! (Christmas Day for those of you who are going to check your calendars.)
It was a joyful day at school, wasn't it! Such fun...
ReplyDeleteWow...what a speedy post! YOU ARE on Christmas Vacation aren't you? Love all the pics!!! And was a beautiful program it was...tears and all!!!
ReplyDeleteI love the capes. Wore one myself, back in the day. No solos for me, as you know.
ReplyDeleteOkay, you haven't forgotten our plan for Saturday, have you? Because I am living for the break!