Sunday, December 6, 2009

Day 6: Parade of Sheer Bedazzlement

Last night was the annual Lighted Parade in Lynden. Always a lot of fun. That is if you like watching a parade of bedazzled tractors, combines, and berry pickers, in 32 degree weather, WITH the wind howling about your face and limbs. Ahhhh, holiday cheer at its best. Next year, my friends are going to enter as "Shopping Bags". We'll steer shopping carts loaded with holiday goodies down Grover street. We'll have the husbands, or in my case Rent-a-Man, following us while pulling money out of their pockets and throwing it on the ground. It's a sure-fire winner. "Best Creative Entry." I can see it now.





I fly to Iowa every Christmas, and I have NEVER seen a luggage cart this bedazzled in either Seattle or Denver. I'm going to ask the flight attendant on United Flight #234 for a comment card. I'll expect to see some changes by next holiday season.

Sigh. I've completed day six. I've met my goal. Will you hear from me tomorrow???

An extra shout-out to those Seahawks today. Another win. They're far and inbetween. Way to make it 5-7 boys. Millions of dollars well spent.

4 comments:

  1. You're going to drive your shopping carts in a parade down Grover Street? That's an interesting idea, considering the parade is usually on Front Street. I'd come to the special Emily parade on Grover-- if you're really going to have rent-a-man throwing money around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel no sympathy for your cold limbs when you are not wearing a coat!! friend, seriously....SERIOUSLY! I am also looking forward to the parade on Grover...then I can watch it from the warmth of my living room and I won't have to wear a coat, nor will I have worry about being cold. :-) Bring on the snow, sleet, rain, hail, etc.

    Congratulations on making it to day 6 my friend. The pride welling up inside of me is overwhelming. Keep up the good work. You will definitely blog tomorrow...after our rip-roaring staff social tonight...SOOOO much to blog about I'm sure. :-)

    Les

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's it! You are officially a December Daily gal! When you reach the end I will show you how to slurp and make a pretty book of your efforts for your coffee table. Oh and I just might have wine for us while we work...

    Wreath delivery is scheduled for today...stay tuned and patient;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what, smartie pantses, I WILL start my own parade on Grover Street and people will come from miles around to see the Shopping Bags! You better be there early to get a good seat!

    Tami- I'll be looking forward to the scrap night. ;0)

    ReplyDelete