I held true to my word and slept in this morning. It was simply glorious until Mr. Garbage Man came by with his BOOM, CRASH, POW truck. It was already 10:42, however, so I decided it be best to get up and do something productive.
Productive = Lay on the couch in my pj's and watch last night's episode of '24'. Holy balls. Jack Bauer is the new MacGyver. Why we didn't elect him president of the United States is a mystery to me. He can save the world in only 24 heart-stopping hours. Maybe next time.
In other news, it's the end of the grading period on Thursday. Therefore, teacher here must get on the ball and start rockin' that red pen. Ugh. I LOVE my job, but I DO NOT like correcting papers. Since it's kind of an essential part of gauging my students' progress, however, I must tackle the Mt. Everest of second grade writings and get moving. It could be worse. I could be a high school English teacher spending my day off correcting 127 papers on the American system of justice and whether or not it needs reform to ensure that criminals are properly punished. Shudder. I would have nightmares.
So I told you the other day that I did in fact get my leather chair. After the humiliating adventure at furniture store #1, we ventured on over to Sonya's Quality Furniture Outlet on the Guide. I had been in there once before looking for a TV stand and was very impressed with their collection of furniture. Quality furniture. I was also impressed with their fantantic customer service. For those of you who are not familiar with Sonya's, it's kind of like a TJ Maxx for furniture. Said furniture coming from Macy's. So after perusing for 10 minutes, I found it. The one I had been looking for all this time. Keep in mind I'm talking about a chair. Not a man. Though, someday I hope to have a blog entry similar to this one except not about a chair. But I digress.
There it was in all it's leathery beauty. AND, very well priced. Perfection. After literally jumping for joy, I skipped on up to the front desk and watched in absolute delight as they swiped my Master Card and sent me on my way. After driving back to Lynden, borrowing a truck, driving back to Sonya's, loading Perfection into the truck, driving back to Lynden, and then hauling Perfection into my condo, Perfection was finally where it belonged.

Ahhhhhhh. Doesn't it just take your breath away. And to think, I've survived all this time without it. Perfection, welcome to my family. It's just you and me. Just the two of us. *tear* I'm so happy.
OK, moving on. There are things to do. Papers to correct. Showers to take. Rerun episodes of Bones to watch. Time to get moving.
Enjoy your Monday!
Beautiful chair Emily!!! I hope you were able to do a little work in it-comfortable as it looks and all!! Hope you get it all done in time!!
ReplyDeleteDid you spend the day in your jammies? I was tempted!! maybe on Friday!!
Have a good week!
perfection is so pretty. and so comfy! i miss her already. have a great short week friend. cozy up in perfection later and tell her she's fantastic. :-) (...even though she's heavy and a pain in the hookadooter to move...heeheehee)
ReplyDeletePERFECTION...indeed! Love that chair!
ReplyDeleteYour new chair is GORG :)
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, Jack is my hero. Slightly tense in that episode, huh!?
And can I just say? My garbage pickup comes around SIX THIRTY in the morning. Yeah. LOVELY.
It's lovely!
ReplyDeleteLove the chair...and I too HATE the garbage man (arriving at my house at a lovely 6:20am) Not fun when that LOUD beeping noise wakes up your 2 year old from his deep slumber! Seriously...does it have to be THAT loud?!
ReplyDelete