Friday, January 29, 2010

Fancy Nancy gets her groove on

Creativity was at it's finest today. And also at it's most flamboyant. Leaving the American Girl, Felicity, and Wilbur's pal, Fern, in the dust, I set the bar incredibly high when I came dressed as Miss Fancy Nancy.

THAT, my friends, is an outstanding interpretation of Miss Fancy Nancy if I do say so myself. Nailed it. If you look closely, you'll notice that I taped the ribbon onto my legs. Packaging tape. That's going to be a BLAST to take off later. Luckily, I shaved my legs this morning; once again narrowly avoiding a potential need for morphine.


My teacher-gal-pal friend, Sharla, came dressed as Fancy Nancy's mom. I think it goes without saying where I get my fashion sense from.

And here are some pics of my cherubs. All dressed up with nowhere to go. They were mighty proud of their teacher, however. "Miss Kooistra! You are fancy, fancy, fancy!" Yes, my beloveds, I am. I am also itchy, itchy, itchy.







Fun had by all. Time to go change. My jeans are so comfy, comfy, comfy.

Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. That is too fancy! Love it and your willingness to jump in with an itchy tutu, no less.

    Have a great weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Miss Fancy Nancy~ you ROCKED it! Hope your
    little cherrubs were able to concentrate and take you serious today during class. We love you
    the whole Vander Veen gang!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, you top teachers everywhere! what a great costume, and the suffering you endured just to make your cherubs smile...WOW!!
    Your mom looks amazing too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, ha, ha, gasp for air, ha, ha ha!!! I love reading your blog! And all the laughing saves me a trip to the gym...feel those abs!! :D

    Fancy Nancy...You are tops! I'd say Dorothy is going to have to up the ante next year...Toto may not be able to compete with that tutu!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did rock, you were definately over the top. I couldn't be a prouder mother!! How can we top this next year? Think, think, think! We are open to suggestions.
    Sharla

    ReplyDelete
  6. just so you know...toto cried when he got home because you stole his parade thunder with your fantastic costume. as if being a girly little princess dog wasn't bad enough for the poor little guy, you had to come along and steal the one thing that was his....thanks a lot auntie em...thanks a lot... :-)

    ReplyDelete