No school tomorrow. For kids.
Teachers, you have school tomorrow.
Fine with me. I have LOADS to do. Those papers don't correct themselves, you know. It's amazing how much work you can get done when there are no children battling for your attention. I'll have a quiet classroom, a white-mocha, and iTunes to keep me company. Ahhhh.....maybe I'll even take a nap halfway through the day. We'll see how far I get on Operation Report Cards.
In other news:
1. I went to watch church league basketball on Tuesday night with my friend, Erin. Her hubby plays. Let me tell you, those FRC boys know how to play ball. It was IN-TENSE. We won the game with a free-throw. This is after I was led to believe "We're going to get KILLED!" Killed? In church league? I don't think so. Stoned? Maybe. Regardless, it sounds like someone needs to have more faith in their team. It is church league, after all. If it weren't for faith, we wouldn't have churches to begin with. They seem to go hand in hand if you ask me.
I did make a new discovery, however. Some children, mainly 4 year-old little boys rooting for the opposing team, know WAY TOO MUCH about basketball and take it WAY TOO SERIOUSLY. It's church ball, little man. Not the NBA. There is no need to yell at the 21 year-old referee because he missed your daddy getting fouled. Toward the end of the game, there were some words exchanged between mini-Michael Jordan and myself. During the last 1:09 of the game, when it was REALLY turning into a nailbiter, I let out a "Let's go blue!" Gasp! Can you believe I let that kind of trash talk escape my lips!? My cheer was immedietly corrected when this little boy turned to me and yelled, "No, WHITE!!!" Now a responsible adult would have smiled and said, "You're right, buddy! Go white!" Ghetto Barbie, however, is not one of those. I proceded to yell back, "Blue!" He hollered back, "White!" You get the picture. His mom said it was good for him, so I look at it as a teachable moment. For both of us.
2. I started a new puzzle the other day. I'm such a nerd, I know, but when you're imprisoned in your own home for 4 days during a snow storm, a puzzle is your new best friend. My mommy and I fixed three of them when I was home for Christmas. After returning the Lynden, I began to miss the daily practice of improving my cognitive functioning, so I headed on over to the LC Thrift Store. Jack. Pot. Three puzzles. $3.97. HOURS of fun. Aside from the $3.97, you can't put a price on that. Feel free to come over and join me. If you get bored, you can sit in my new chair.
3. The Vikings won their first playoff game on Sunday against the Cowboys. Sah-weet. Not only am I a Vikings fan, I also root for anyone playing the Cowboys. So, double sah-weet. Brett Favre and Co. play the Saints on Sunday to clinch the NFC title. Yikes. Gonna be a nailbiter. I probably won't sleep until then.
Time to head to Homestead and hold hands with Mr. Treadmill. Ugh. I hope my iPod is fully charged. Mr. Treadmill has a tendency to be rather boring and dull. And I need something to take the focus off my aching muscles as they scream in agony to stop. Cue the Bon Jovi music. I thank you Jon Bon.
Happy Day!
LOVE me a good puzzle. SUCH nerdyness but SO therapeautic :)
ReplyDeleteIf you need any chatty diversion while hanging out with Mr. Treadmill, let me know :)