After school, we ran some errands and then stopped at Uncle and Auntie's where we caught some late afternoon rays.
Emma wished she had packed some lighter clothes, but she managed to roll her sleeves up to get some color. She didn't feel comfortable rolling her skirt up, and I can't say I blame her. I'm not too fond of showing off the pasty-white-corpse legs either.Then we went back inside and Emma caught up on her blog reading with Newlywed-Cousin. You gotta admit. The girl's got a good taste in literature.

When it was time for Newlywed-Cousin to go home, Emma ventured into the kitchen and helped Auntie make dinner.
During Survivor commercials, Uncle and Emma played with Hank. Apparently Emma smelled good, because Hank wanted to eat her. Lucky Uncle was there to keep her safe from the jaws of life.
"Oh Emma, Emma, Emma, Emma! I love you! I love you! I love youuuuuuuuuuu!" Yep. That's what he was saying.
We got to bed pretty late, because I, the adult in this situation, just HAD to watch some Thursday night TV on the DVR before turning in. Hey, I am NOT going to miss out on teacher's lounge conversation today. When they start talking about what happened on Community or The Mentalist, I want an equal opportunity to bring something of value to the table of conversation. No worries, though. We stopped at Muddy Waters for coffee this morning. I got the usual. Emma got a hot chocolate. No caffeine for you, lil' missy.

Flat Emma is excited for the weekend. We have a very tight schedule, but here are some things on the agenda:
1. Get a picture with Mt. Baker. And since the mountain can't move, we shall go to the mountain. Or just take a super creative photo of Emma standing on the Hannegan with Baker in the distance.
2. Visit Newlywed-Cousin at her new house. Maybe get a picture with Frank the Tank. That's Cousin's cat. Not her new hubby. Just wanted to clarify.
3. Visit downtown Lynden. Take a picture by the windmill.
4. Surprise.
5. Surprise.
6. Surprise.
It's going to be craaaaaaaaaaaaa-zay.
In other news, I took the cherubs outside for math today.


For the love of all that is sweet and sour, could they have complained more?! I wasn't aware I was teaching a class full of princesses.
"It's so hot!"
"I need shade!"
"I'm sweating!"
"The ground is too bumpy!"
"There's an ant too close to me!"
"The sky isn't the right shade of blue!"
OK, so that last one was a bit of an exaggeration, but honestly. Suck it up, cherubs. It's GORGEOUS out here. You will survive this. I promise. And if not, you can throw me to the family of ants that is crawling all over cherub #1.
Happy Weekend!
send emma to the likkels. this is the only way, that i will ever get to have 'my emma'. (jack would have been emma if he was a girl). seriously, give her to us for a day, we WON'T disappoint!! :)
ReplyDeleteSeeing your uncle in his "brown" duds reminded me to tell you that you have thoroughly & completely warped one of the 2nd graders from your very first class. CJ still shouts "I hate you" at FedEx trucks and "We love UPS" at the other kind. Heaven forbid I order something online and it arrives in the wrong kind of package...daggers...daggers, I tell you...shooting from her eyes!!! :)
ReplyDelete~~~Dawn