Emma is flat. Emma is visiting me from Minnesota. It is my duty as a cousin to show her the sites of Lynden, and to make sure she enjoys her stay. I do not take this responsibility lightly. Oh no! I will NOT disappoint Flat Emma. By the time I'm finished with her, she won't want to return to the state of 10,000 lakes. She will want to move in with me. And I'm OK with that. I don't know how Emma's second grade teacher will react to this newsflash, but I'm sure she can think of a great story to tell the class regarding Emma's abrupt departure from their presence.
Now, I don't want to give all the fun away, because I need to keep the suspense alive for Emma, and I KNOW that Granny Nanny is a blog reader, soooooooooo, I'm just going to give a lil' teaser.
Yesterday, she enjoyed recess with my class. The girls took her on the monkeybars.
Can you find her???? And I'm proud to say that Emma managed to stay upside down the longest. Way to go, Emma!Then, last night, she accompanied me to junior high youth group. Some of my friends just shook their heads and laughed at me, but what was I supposed to do! Emma is only in second grade! I can't leave her home by herself! Sheesh. What kind of example would I be setting for other Flat Emmas!
After youth group, we made a stop at the queen of dairy.
Emma ordered a butterfinger blizzard with extra butterfinger. It's the only way to go.Tonight, it's off to Uncle and Auntie's for dinner, Survivor, and a playdate with Hank. Emma, I promise I will not let Hank carry you around in his mouth, OK? I learned my lesson with Flat Sebastian. Poor guy. Slobbered to SHREADS! Gone without a trace.
In other news, guess what came in the mail yesterday!!!!!!!!
BEST. DAY. EVER.
Go ahead and laugh. Go ahead and think less of me. I don't care. I am now the PROUD owner of the COMPLETE series of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman.
Just look at it. Doesn't it just take your breath away?! Pristine packaging.
Tied with love. And suede.
And the inside! Oh, the inside. The pictures alone were enough to make my heart go pitter-patter.
Is that Sully without a shirt on?!?!
Weekend, come quickly.
oh....my.....gosh. Yes, it took my breath away. But only because it made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. Excuse me, I have to go brush my teeth.
ReplyDelete( love you anyways :o) )
How long is Emma staying? Will she be coming for lunch on Sunday? Does she have any preference on what we should eat?
ReplyDeleteMomma Rosie
I miss nights after JAM at DQ!!! So, since Dr. Q is here we won't see you until what July!!
ReplyDelete