Saturday, November 13, 2010

#2 pencils can be used as a weapon on oneself

1. Test day. Ugh. My brain hurts. I have actual pain inside my skull. I've been icing my frontal lobe for the last two hours with a bag of peas.

Here's my partner in crime, Leslie, pre-test. And this is her "Jesus come quickly" face.


And this is yours truly trying not to cry tears into her eggnog latte. Love the red Starbucks cup though. The one shining star in my black test day sky.


And....post-test.

"That was way harder that I thought it was going to be!!! I think I failed! I've never failed a test!!! I'm too old to retake this blankety-blank thing!"

And Leslie. Poor thing. This was taken moments before she began banging her head against the railing.


And this is our friend, Daniel, who was also a victim of standardized testing today. Though he looks pretty happy, we later discovered that he was merely rejoicing that he had finished the test without stabbing a pencil through his eye. A #2 pencil at that. A victory in itself.


Results will be in our hands early December. This will either make or break my holiday season. All I want for Christmas is a passing grade. And a brain massage.

And one more thing. To the 12 year-old child sitting next to me during the test this morning, your bike speedometer is NOT an electronic item that you need to declare pre-test. Silly boy.

2. Pro-Cert.
You know, the bane of my existence until May 7. I have homework that needs to be completed by next week Saturday when myself and seven other poor schmucks get together to talk about "impacts on positive student learning" for five hours. I attempted tackling the homework when I got home today, but alas, I am brain dead. Therefore, no homework for Ghetto Barbie.

3. Thankful prompt. Today's prompt is "I am thankful for...someone in my family."

Since I can only choose one, I'm going to give a shout-out to this guy:


I am thankful for my brother, Adam.

If ever there was a time when a young gentleman lived, full of humor and neverending quick wit, 'tis now, my friends. 'Tis now.

Think Will Ferrell as Ron Burgandy in Anchorman. That's Adam.

And he's single ladies! That's right. This hunka-hunka sense of humor is still on the market.

You know where to find me. I'll hook you up.

Time for round two of the frontal lobe icing. Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii hate standardized tests!!!!!!!!
    iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii hate procert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii don't know your bro that well, so i really can't say how i feel one way or the other, but from the few times i've talked to him he seems nice, so i won't say that i hate him!!!!!!!!!

    and i found you another friend for you january test date! marcy has to take an endorsement test, so she will be joining in the joyous post holiday fun! WAHOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up....that's all I have to say about that!

    ReplyDelete