Sorry, it got away from me there. You were all picturing the opening credits to F.R.I.E.N.D.S, weren't you? Admit it. You were. And that's great because today's prompt is...
Today, I am thankful for my friends!
Every. Single. One of them.
Friends drop everything when you come home for Christmas.
Friends play poker with you, even when they don't know how.
Friends get up at 1:30 in the morning to head to Grouse Mountain, Vancouver with hopes of appearing on The Today Show.
Friends help you move from the ghetto to the golfcourse. And they don't complain even when it's 103 degrees outside. Or having to wear a bullet proof vest in 103 degree weather.
Friends show no mercy when playing poker. Especially when they already know how to play.
Friends go to Mariners games with you. And share their peanuts.
Friends will dress up for holiday parties, regardless of how rediculous they look.
Friends bundle up to sit in the frigid Lynden weather for the lighted parade. And they bring hot chocolate.
Friends don't need their arm twisted to go shopping with you. Or buy the same sweater. I have it in navy.
Friends will room with you for 3 years in college and then run off and get married; leaving you to fend for yourself senior year. The silver lining? She'll ditch the guy anytime I'm back in Iowa and want to get together. She knows it's true. Company Christmas party 2009...need I say more??? :-)
Friends will risk a run-in with store security for the sake of a fun picture.And to the rest of you who didn't make the photo reel, because my computer at school doesn't have Facebook, and therefore, I have no access to the rest of my "Good Times" albums, all I have to say to you is......too bad. Maybe next time, eh? Ah, just kidding. You know I love you. But really, I don't have Facebook here, so I really don't have any more pictures to share with you all. And that is too bad. Was that a collective, "Awwwwwww..." I just heard? Yep.
It's okay that I'm not in any of these pictures. I forgive you.
ReplyDeleteI vote for an "I'm thankful for... Michelle" post sometime this month.
Who else will talk ghetto pirate talk with you... "Ayo!" or is it "Ahoy!".
Love you friend! :)
OH BOY I AM PISSED! No Lunch for you today!
ReplyDeleteNow you listen, Miss Malorie! The ONLY picture I have of us together, is in our swimming suits at your grandparents pool this summer and I am NOT posting that for the whole world to see. You're most welcome, America. And Malorie, I'm still waiting to do our bike safety post. Come May, I am calling you!!!
ReplyDeletehow about me??? hello!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletesince i love you so much, i'll forgive you. maybe.
(i mentioned you in MY blog. it wouldn't kill you, since you OWE me, to give ME a little 'airtime'.
thank you very much.