It all started at the wee morning hour of 1:45 a.m. I arose from my slumber and dragged myself into the bathroom to begin the agonizing task of beautifying myself for public interaction. By 2:20, I was on the road. Here's your proof:
I've chosen the black and white effect for two reasons. 1.) My flash was all messed up so the quality of the photo is horrific
2.) Black and white are the only two colors I can see that early in the morning.
I arrived at Target at 2:37 a.m., parked, and got myself a semi-decent spot in line. Half way between the doors and the end of the building. I was so close to "that which shall not be named" I could taste it. No thanks to Target Employee #138 who would not tell me where I could find "that which shall not be named" nor how many "that which shall not be named" there were. Humph. I told him that was ok, because I had my taser in my back pocket, so I could take someone down if the need were to arise. He did NOT think that was funny. Some people just take life too dang seriously if you ask me. Laugh a little, buddy!
Anyway, the doors opened at 4:00 a.m., and I had "that which shall not be named" in my cart by 4:07. And then I had to pick up the weights that had been lifted off my shoulders. I grabbed a few other things, got in line, paid, and was back on the road by 4:35. Home in the comfort of my own living room by 5:00. Then it was time for me to open "that which shall not be named" and get it assembled. And because I know that I'm driving you all crazy with referring to "that which shall not be named" as "that which shall not be named", I will finally tell/show you what "that which shall not be named" is.
Drumroll please...
Brrrrrrrrrrrrr...........
Yep. A vacuum cleaner. A flippin' vacuum cleaner. You know you're all grown up when you're putting sleep and your emotional well-being for the next week on hold for a vacuum cleaner. But it's not just ANY vacuum cleaner, it's a Dyson. A $450 regularly priced Dyson at that. And yours truly saved herself $180 by going in early and taking no prisoners. I am so happy. Merry Christmas to me. From me. So come 6:00 a.m., I ventured back into Bellingham with my gal pals, Leslie and Erin, to do some more shopping. We hit up Fred Meyer first, and then it was off to Target. Things had slowed a bit at Target, and when I say "a bit", I mean the line to pay only went half way around the store and not around the entire perimeter. We made our way through electronics, toys, clothes, and then I saw it. 50 feet in front of me. The Dyson vacuum display. And this is what I saw:

ARE. YOU. KIDDING. ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Doorbuster my butt. It's 8:00! The store has been open for 4 hours! I have been awake for 6 hours! How can there still be so many vacuum cleaners available! Stupid Target Employee #138. If I would have only known. So then I did what I do best when things in my life go awry.
I sat and pouted. And I think I actually dozed off there for a few minutes. But it's OK, but I just KNOW that had I NOT gone in at the crack of dawn and instead decided to come at 8:00 with the girls, I would NOT have gotten a vacuum. How do I know? Because that's the kind of luck that I have. It's always somethin'. Always.So we shopped. And we shopped. And then we shopped some more on the OTHER side of the mall so we could carry our packages all the way back to Target's parking lot.

And then I hit a wall in Wal-Mart, which is totally OK with me because I hate that place. But they were having a heck of a deal on toilet paper. Doorbuster, I think. Kidding.

We were home by 2:30. And I'm not ruining any surprises this year by posting all of the Roosma Christmas gifts on my blog. :-)

I love my shopping girls. This was our 14th attempt at a good picture and the ONLY one where I have my eyes open. I was essentially comatose by this time.

Before I sign off, I have two thankful prompts to catch up on.
Yesterday's prompt was "I am thankful for...something that stirs my heart."
OK, take a look at this.
I am thankful for the wonderful father that my brother is going to be. And in three short weeks, I get to see them together in the flesh. Can't. Wait.
Today's prompt is, "I am thankful for...something in my car."

I am thankful for my ice scraper/brush!!
An ice scraper is one of those things that you don't miss until you don't have one.
Time to go. I have a wedding tonight and my hair doesn't curl itself you know.
Happy Saturday!
Can I burst your bubble and just say that Phil is FAKE sleeping in that photo...he totally tricked me into it. I came home from running errands and was all "Ahhh, precious", click, flash...those eyes open with a HUGE stinker grin of his! Although its still precious.
ReplyDelete-Judy