Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day 8: Your Tree Looks Like a Chipmunk

Last night, LC had their Christmas Social. Once again, it was quite the rager. The coffee this year was NOT decaf, so I blame what you're about to see on whatever blend of intoxicating goodness it was.

I wish my friend on the left would learn to open her eyes when I'm taking her picture. Sheesh.

Have you ever tried drawing a fireplace, stockings, a Christmas tree WITH ornaments and a star, and a cute little kitten resting in front of the fireplace on top of your head?? You should try it.

Chels can't remember what she's supposed to draw after "Christmas Tree". Poor girl. She actually had a meltdown later in the evening.

Apparently I think I have X-ray vision and can actually see THROUGH the manila folder on my head. Look at that concentration. I'm all business.

This poor girl was all nerves before opening her Christmas bonus. She was only appreciated "part-time" last year.

And we're back to full-time appreciation.

This is the face you get when EVERYONE else at the table has received their Christmas bonus and 15 minutes later I'm still waiting. You know that feeling you get when the train has left the station with EVERYONE YOU KNOW on it, and you're still standing at the station holding your ticket? Yeah. That's the feeling. Not to worry, though. Crabby Pants got her bonus, and is very much looking forward to spending it wisely on frivolous things she doesn't need. Merry Christmas to me!

6 comments:

  1. a note from "that girl on the left"...
    I wish my friend Emily would stop taking pictures of me when I'm blinking. It's just not so funny anymore. :-( pooooooor me! your timing was much better on the other photos. I believe my eyes are open on all of them, well, except the one when i'm purposfully squeezing them shut in anticipation of course...HURRAY for being full time again! heeheehee soooo glad i don't have to have that conversation with the boss again. "Umm...excuse me sir, about my bonus..." AWKWARD!
    les

    ReplyDelete
  2. About your friend... you know, the girl on the left... there's something you should know:

    The photos of her with her eyes wide open are few and far between. That's just how it is.

    Glad you had a rockin' time at the Christmas social. I'm glad that you get to have a "CHRISTMAS" party... we have a "holiday" party... which is no fun. Plus, they invite Santa Claus to the party... pretty sure Santa isn't a sign of Hanukkah or Kwanzaa... poor confused non-Jesus-loving bosses of mine. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. you just have to tell her. . . big eyes les!! it usually works. evk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you guys in the high school lounge? You mean to say that they don't even send you to Cedar Springs anymore??

    Probably too much raging going on for that...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait... where am I in these pictures??? I do believe I work here... OH YES... I forgot... I wasn't allowed to sit at the "cool" table this year. Oh well I did get a better view of the show out of the deal! ;)
    Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete