Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Coming to a classroom near you...

It's T-minus 10 1/2 days until school's out for summer.

I'm not ready.

The kids are.

Therefore, things are a little CRA-ZEE here.

Take a look at a class picture from today:


And here's me. Also taken today.


I may be pulling my hair out today, but it's just a facade. Don't be fooled.

Truth is, I'm not ready to say goodbye to the cherubs. Every year it's the same thing. "Sobfest in room 12!" Not kidding. Apparently, I have a reputation as "the crier". And to that I say, there are worse reputations to have. I won't elaborate. I'll allow you to use your imaginations on that one.

So I have 10 1/2 days to buff the cherubs so they're sparkling and shining to my liking. Then it's off to third grade and out of my life forever. Well, not indefinitely, I guess. That's a little melodramatic. But I can't help it. They've stolen my heart.

10 days until tears...

1 comment:

  1. we waited ALLLLL weekend for flat-ee-face. we cancelled plans. had her bed all made up. even made her favorite meal for dinner and a plate of cookies for snacking.
    odviously, you found someone better.
    whatever.
    whatever.
    w-h-a-t-e-v-e-r.
    you can try and call if you plan on begging for forgiveness, if not, don't call. my heart can't take the rejection.

    ReplyDelete