Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Does this come in black?

Another S.A.D. has come and gone.

And I'm not the only one who had a hard time masking one's true feelings about this day of LoVe.

Just look at this face.

Someone got shot down at daycare yesterday, and he is NOT happy about it. Little Miss Drool Face is an older woman and apparently doesn't have the slightest bit of interest in a younger man. Right now, anyway. She might change her mind. Especially when Kaydrian's Auntie comes to town and gives Little Miss Drool Face a piece of her mind. Nobody hurts my little Pepe Le Pew. Nobody!!

Last evening, I was invited to dinner at Miss Tami's. She lives in a stone house. And let me tell you, she knows how to entertain. I don't think she's ever used the same dishes to entertain twice. Every year, Miss Tami hosts a love dinner on Valentine's Day. Oh boy. Did you catch that? I just referred to S.A.D as Valentine's Day. This is huge, people.

Anyway, Miss Tami pulled out all the stops. Just look at this table-



And accompanying the candy hearts as a centerpiece....purple carnations.

So clever, that Lady in the Stone House. This was her way to cure me of my disdain towards the wretched love holiday. And it may have just worked. Though I don't think it was the purple carnations that put the nail in the coffin. It was the meatloaf. The heart-shaped, scrumtrulescent meatloaf. And the potatoes. And the asparagus. It was a wonderful evening with even more wonderful friends.

Thank you, Miss Tami, for showin' me the love. I {heart} you.

Now that that's over, I have some major catching up to do with my love prompts.

Sunday's prompt was, "Today I love....my favorite color."

Now I love color, but if I need to choose JUST one, I'm going to select the most vibrant of all colors on the color wheel. Put on your sunglasses, people. It's about to get brighter than the sun in here.

I love BLACK!!!!!

My black Kitchen Aid...

Black frames...all over my house...

Black furniture...preferably tables...


Black shoes...

Black and white pillows, lamp shades, coasters, table runners...the list goes on and on. And on.

I'm not even going to show you a picture of my closet. Half filled with black clothes; the other, every other color. It's quite sad, actually. I love black. A girl can't have too many black cartigans. Especially when her favorite cartigan EVER gets a hole in the shoulder and can no longer be worn AND the store in which aforementioned black cartigan was purchased no longer carries aforementioned black cartigan. Talk about a sad day. *tear*

I need to go mourn that loss again for awhile. I'll be back later with more love prompts...

No comments:

Post a Comment