1. The Packers won the Super Bowl!!!
I'm not an avid Packers fan, but I root for anyone playing the Steelers. And I DID grow up in the Midwest and there were a FEW people who were Packers fans. One of my Iowa gal-pals probably didn't even work today; she is so over the moon with excitement. You know it's true, Heather!
Yours truly watched the big Bowl with friends. And someone was a little too emotional during Glee's Lea Michelle's rendition of America the Beautiful.
But she wasn't about to give up her front row seat to Christina Aguilera's botched rendition of The Star Spangled Banner. Lord have mercy. It's bad enough to listen to all the unnecessary trills thrown into the song, but then to forget the words?! To our NATIONAL ANTHEM?! I have no words. Actually, I do. I was disappointed. And don't try to play the "She was nervous, Emily" card, because I ain't buyin' it. She's a performer. She sings in front of millions of people all the time. AND she has an absolutely amazing voice. I expected better. There. Now I have no words.

Besides the Packers pulling off a victory against Ben Rothblahblahburger and the Steelers, the other highlight of the night was when a certain "creature", in all her stupidity, thought she could be sneaky and snag a chicken wing bone off a plate that someone innocently left laying on the couch.
The result?
A locked jaw and LOTS of yelling.

This one's my favorite. "Maybe if I plug her nose, she'll be forced to unclench her jaw so she can breath through her mouth." It didn't work.
Hmmmm....maybe we need FIVE hands helping.After the intensity of the situation involving a dog, a bone, and a magnified stubbornness, I think we all know what I'm referring to here, Matt needed something "mindless" to take his mind off aforementioned situation.
After the game, we played Settlers and Mr. Potato Head won. And his only game plan was, and I quote, "Collect development cards and wreak havoc on the rest of you." Ugh.2. Love prompts
Yesterday's love prompt was, "Today I love someone/something I take pictures of."
I take pictures of LOTS of things. Especially people. Especially these little people.
Today I love my cherubs!Aren't they just the cutest?!? Be still my heart. I love them more than M&Ms. And that's a lot!
Today's prompt is, "Today I love something I read."
I love to read. During the summer, I average about 15 novels during my break from school. During the school year, a measly 2. Maybe 3. This school year? None. Zip. Nada. Zilch. Pro-Cert owns me. When I need a study break, though, I pull out my favorite magazine.
I love Real Simple magazine!!
The New Uses for Old Things column?!? Genius.In other news, I can't stop coughing. Hard, dry cough. Settled in my chest cough. Hurts like a banshee every time I cough cough. I fear I may need to go to the doctor. The over-the-counter generic cough syrup is NOT doing it's job. Go figure.
It's ALWAYS something!!

No comments:
Post a Comment