Friday, February 4, 2011

Oh happy weekend

It's Friday. Glory Hallelujah.

After my non-relaxing weekend molding young minds last weekend (which I loved and had a wonderful time), I'm very much looking forward to being one with my couch this weekend. It's going to be glorious.

And it's Superbowl Weekend! Woot Woot!! Some friends and I are celebrating in our yoga pants on Sunday afternoon. That means, that I will at some point tomorrow, need to drag my lazy bum off the couch, head to Safeway, and grab myself some appetizers. Maybe I'll bring something green and yellow. Do what I can for the Pack. If the Steelers win, I will cry. Crocodile tears. They've had their fun. Let someone else play for once, will ya?! Plus, I'm not really a Ben Rothblahblahburger fan. Aaron Rodgers, you have my blessing. Beat the snot out of the Steelers. Please. Thank you kindly.

Kaydrian's mommy and daddy are in California this weekend. One of my brother's college buddies is getting married, so Mr. Usher and his soon-to-be-Misses, dropped of the lil' nugget off at Grandpa and Grandma's house yesterday afternoon and headed for the airport. My mother is IN HER GLORY right now. She took the day off work and my dad is taking the afternoon off. It's all about Kaydrian. What? The house is on fire? We didn't notice. We're playing with Kaydrian. What? Our beloved, oldest offspring is headed to Cairo, Egypt in 7 weeks and may disappear forever? We didn't realize. We're playing with Kaydrian. Don't go feeling sorry for them. They know it's true. The attention has shifted. And speaking of crying crocodile tears, that will be my mom on Sunday when Kaydrian's PARENTS come pick him up and take him home. Again, she knows it's true. And I love you, Mommy.

Love prompt. Today's prompt is:

I love something with fur/feathers/scales.

Are you kidding me. I don't do animals. Or fur coats. Or scales for that matter. And I'm not talking about snake scales. I'm talking about the other kind of scale. The one you step on and then faint off. Shudder.

Hmmmm...I'm going to need to be creative here.

GOT IT!

I love my FEATHER bed. :-)

***Note: Not my ACTUAL featherbed. But I like this one better. I think it's the sidetable.***

I am such a cheater. But Miss Alissa never specified that it had to be a living thing. Or was once a living thing for that matter.

And I love my feather bed. This bad boy was a Black Friday purchase a few years ago. Best money I ever spent. And with the money I saved, I can afford to pay my chiropractor for the many visits as a result of sleeping on a pillow. Worth it.

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Hank is crying crocodile tears..........he thought he would at least have been mentioned. He loves his auntie Em regardless of her crushing him today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your feather bed too!

    And your sheets!

    And I love that you freak out cause you don't like anyone else in them ;)

    ReplyDelete