1. I got run over last night.
I very nearly lost a leg.
Lucky I have a good insurance guy. However, what's the policy if your insurance guy is the one running you over? Hmmmmm.....
It all happened so fast. We were leaving the LC boys basketball game and I was buckling Flamingo Girl into her car seat. Now, I admit, the smart thing to do would have been to actually get IN the vehicle at the same time as everyone else. But no. That's not how I role. I stood on the OUTSIDE of the vehicle and leaned over the seat. And then the Tahoe started. And very slowly, began inching forward. Taking my upper torso with it. My lower half...not so lucky. I can't quite remember what happened next, but I remember a scream, a gasp, and a slammed break. And then I woke up. In the E.R.
Just kidding. I'm fine. I can't speak for Flamingo Girl, though. She was pretty shook up about her daddy trying to take out her favorite Foffy. "Daddy hurt Foffy." Yes. You remember that, lil' miss. Tuck that away for blackmail later.
2. Love prompt
Today's prompt is "Today I love someone/something I didn't love 5 years ago."
Oh boy. This is hard. So much has happened in the last five years.
In the last five years I've:
- Gained more confidence in my job
- Gotten involved in a number of activities/committees at school - this may explain why I always feel like I'm drowning. Hmmmm...
- Joined a church that I LOVE
- Become a junior high youth group leader
- Acquired a taste for black olives, but I don't LOVE them, so I guess this is void.
- Lived in my first apartment
- Moved from my first apartment
- Paid off one college loan. Emphasis on "one".
- Met and developed relationships with wonderful, Godly people. It's hard now to imagine life without them.
- Welcomed a sister-in-law and a nephew into my family.
All, wonderful things. Things I love. However, if I'm going to choose just ONE, I'm going to say...
Today, I love my independence.
I grew up in a household of five. Then I went to college and had roommates. When I moved to Lynden, I resided with Uncle and Auntie for my first year and half here. So, for the last 4 years, I've been ON MY OWN. Just me, myself, and I. And I love it. I love not having to share my space. I love being able to go to bed when I want; not needing to worry about loud people in the other room. I love watching what I want and when I want on T.V. I love decorating my space for ME, and not needing to roll my eyes every time I walk through the front door and come face to face with a poster of Edward Cullen because Roommate just HAD to hang it above the couch. I love knowing that everything being used is being used by me. If the Tide is gone again, it's because I used it all. Same goes for the chips. And the cereal. And the milk. Ooooooooo, nothing irks me more than opening the fridge and having NO milk. That's the worst.
It wasn't an easy transition at first. I remember my first night in my first apartment after moving out of Uncle and Auntie's house. Oh Lordy. I remember it so well, because I didn't sleep a wink. Same goes for the next night. And the next night. And the night after that. This continued for approximately two weeks before I really felt "safe". Plus, by that time, I was delirious, so sleep was inevitable.
I still have my moments. Usually after returning from a long visit to Iowa. Or a long nanny stay. Any situation in which there are other people sleeping in the same house. Sometimes it's nice to know there's somebody else; anybody else sleeping under the same roof.
But I still wouldn't trade it for a poster of Edward Cullen.
So, Wait... Did you really get run over?! I'm so confused.
ReplyDeleteHahaha! No Joel, but it was close. I was more or less "dragged" a foot. I just like to embellish the truth for blogging purposes. :-)
ReplyDelete